Activating a licence after it's been reset by Trados for use on another computer

Dear Community,

Can anyone help me out here? SDL Support said my licence had been reset and would be easy to activate again on a new computer, but when I log on to my SDL account I can't see how to activate the licence again.

Many thanks!

Sarah

emoji
Parents Reply
  • Hi Sarah,

It's not possible for me to give you the screenshots of how your opening dialog offering to activate a trial version looks, because I don't have the right to a trial license in any version as I used them all up each time that I installed a new beta version to test. Walter's screenshots don't look like yours for the same reason, I presume.

If you haven't started using the trial license, you will have a button that gives you the opportunity to do so.

I'm pretty sure that you also have a small text link in blue under the 'Activate' button that offers you the chance to activate.

If you have started using the trial license, which is absolutely fine, you will need to go to the Help tab in Studio and click on 'Product Activation', as here:

Trados Studio interface showing the Help tab with the 'Product Activation' button highlighted.

A dialog will open with a green timeline that shows how long you have left on your trial license.

Underneath, there will be a 'Deactivate' button and a 'Purchase' button. Click on 'Deactivate', to release the trial license.

Here's roughly what it looks like (screenshot from 2022 beta version)

Trados Studio 2022 beta Product Activation dialog with a green timeline indicating 17 days remaining and options to deactivate or purchase a license.

Then, after you've done that, click OK on the next dialog that appears. Studio will close down. 

Open Studio 2021 again. Here's what appears when I do the above in Studio 2022, which will look different to yours:

Trados Studio 2022 beta Product Activation dialog displaying 'License Expired' message with an 'Activate' button.

There I click 'Activate' and this appears:

Trados Studio 2022 beta Product Activation dialog with an empty field for entering an 'Activation code' and an 'Activate' button.

Highlight and copy the code from your account https://oos.sdl.com/asp/products/ssl/account/mylicenses/licenses.aspx

Paste that number into the line below 'Activation code' as seen in the above screenshot.

That will work. Once you've entered your code, click on 'Activate' (maybe OK next?) and probably OK again on the final dialog that appears to show you've activated your license successfully.

So, click OK and you will be able to continue with your work.

If the above doesn't help, please share a screenshot of what your product activation dialog looks like when you try to open Studio 2021, or the dialog that opens if you click on Help > Product activation as shown in the first screenshot above.

I hope this helps...

All the best,

Ali Slight smile

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 1:18 PM (GMT 0) on 4 Mar 2024]
Children
No Data