Two versions installed: can I eliminate the older one?

Hello!

Just a small technical question: I am using Trados 2021, but I realized that I still have also the older 2019 version installed. Since ?m gaving disk space problems, can I disinstall version 2019 without affecting version 2021?

Thanks for a tip

Valeria

emoji
Parents Reply
  •  

You should not touch any Windows files like the hibernation one. This is used for quicker start of your computer.

Make sure all your work in Studio is saved. Then please close Studio and ALL other programs. Then you can safely delete all files from the tmp folder. Bear in mind, that Windows will not let you delete some of these, so just let them be.

As I do not know the language of your operating system, I don't know the name of the Windows utility to remove unnecessary files from your drive. In German it is called "Datenträgerbereinigung". When you find it in your operating system, it will be the best solution to create some free space on your HDD. This is it in German:

Disk Cleanup utility window for drive C: showing potential files to delete such as Temporary Internet Files, Temporary Files, Offline Webpages, and others. A total of up to 1.05 GB can be freed. The 'Clean up system files' button is at the bottom.

Chose "Systemdateien bereinigen". This will allow you also to remove unnecessary old Windows updates.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 10:38 AM (GMT 1) on 22 Jun 2024]
Children