Studio 2024 not able to start - plugin issue

I have today downloaded Studio 2024 (TradosStudio2024_18.0.0.1013), intending to use it as a free trial installation before deciding whether to purchase.

• After installation, I tried to start the application, but keep getting an error message: "Trados Studio has not finished removing the last uninstalled plug-in. Restart Trados Studio after closing all active instances."
  • I closed Studio 2024 - using Task Manager to make sure that all instances were closed.
  • On restarting, the same issue was experienced again.

I then searched on the Internet and found a potential solution (https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000016464) where it is suggested that the 'Plugins' folders (in AppData\Local and AppData\Roaming) should be renamed before restarting the application, which I did.

The result upon starting Studio 2024 yet again was precisely the same as before.

Any suggestions as to what I should try now?

Regards,

Michael

emoji
Parents
  • Hi  

Did you rename the Plugins folder in all locations? For Trados Studio 2024
    C:\ProgramData\Trados\Trados Studio\18
    C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Trados\Trados Studio\18
    C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Trados\Trados Studio\18

Was Trados closed when you did this?

Kind regards,

Elisa Maxim | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • My responses to your questions:

- Did you rename the Plugins folder in all locations? For Trados Studio 2024 

[MJD] There is no folder ’18’ in ’ this folder - only: ’17’, ’Studio 17’ and ’Studio 18’

[MJD] Plugins was renamed to Plugins_0 – now there is a new Plugins folder named ‘Plugins’(empty apart from 2 subfolders ‘Packages’ and ‘Unpacked’, both of which are empty)

[MJD] Plugins was renamed to Plugins_old – now there is a new Plugins folder named ‘Plugins’ (empty apart from 2 subfolders ‘Packages’ and ‘Unpacked’, both of which are empty)

Was Trados closed when you did this? [MJD]Yes, as I already mentioned, I closed Studio 2024 (all instances) using Task Manager

Kind regards,

emoji
  • My responses to your questions:

- Did you rename the Plugins folder in all locations? For Trados Studio 2024 

[MJD] There is no folder ’18’ in ’ this folder - only: ’17’, ’Studio 17’ and ’Studio 18’

[MJD] Plugins was renamed to Plugins_0 – now there is a new Plugins folder named ‘Plugins’(empty apart from 2 subfolders ‘Packages’ and ‘Unpacked’, both of which are empty)

[MJD] Plugins was renamed to Plugins_old – now there is a new Plugins folder named ‘Plugins’ (empty apart from 2 subfolders ‘Packages’ and ‘Unpacked’, both of which are empty)

Was Trados closed when you did this? [MJD]Yes, as I already mentioned, I closed Studio 2024 (all instances) using Task Manager

Kind regards,

emoji
Children