Sudden error when trying to start Trados Workbench

Hello,

I'm a long-time user of Trados Workbench (SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance), and I've been using it almost daily since I bought the product in 2008. However, when trying to start the application today, I got the following error message:

An error occurred while trying to verify the license.
Please check the installation and try again.
Translator's Workbench Freelance will now close.

I don't know what caused the problem. I recently updated my Studio license to Trados Studio 2024 Freelance, but I've been running both programs in parallel without problems since then. Also, it doesn't matter if I have Studio running or not.  

Could you please help me, because I haven't found any solution top the problem, despite the fact that I have reset my license and tested the solutions I found online.

Kind regards,
Björn Dahlborn

emoji
Parents Reply
  • OK, I  might have reset another one of my obsolete products. But the problem remains, although I have completely deinstalled and reinstalled the software, and run the activation and registration scripts. But when running the License Manager to activate online, I get the following message:

Could not contact activation server
    (Error code 50041) 

Other programs in the suite, such as WinAlign and TagEditor, start, although the latter complains that Trados Workbench cannot be launched.

The only change I can think of since using Trados WB without problems might be a regular update of my Windows 11 system.

Any help or workaround would be appreciated. 

Björn

emoji
Children