Cannot work with Asian language TMs

Hi all,

Since last week (when I was on holiday) my project managers have been unable to maintain (update/import/export) language pairs that include either Chinese or Japanese in our GroupShare server TMs. File-based TMs created from Studio work fine. It is possible to maintain other language pairs in the same TMs. We're on GS: 14.2.47996.9 - SR1 CU9.

The error I get when running the batch task 'Update Main Translation Memory' is:

TranslationProviderThrewException.

When exporting a language pair involving Chinese from the web interface I get:

The type initializer for 'Sdl.Core.LanguageProcessing.ICU2.WordBoundaryFinder' threw an exception.

Recomputing statistics from the web interface produces:

Error: System - A strict-hashing TM cannot be downgraded to use legacy hashes (details: System.Exception: A strict-hashing TM cannot be downgraded to use legacy hashes at Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryImpl.ResourceManager.ChangeTranslationMemory(TranslationMemorySetup setup, List`1 modelCorpusIdList, Boolean& deletedTranslationModel, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Sdl.LanguagePlatform.TranslationMemoryImpl.API.ChangeTranslationMemory(Container container, TranslationMemorySetup setup, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken))

Has anyone else seen this behaviour  and found a solution?

Regards,

Henk

Parents
  • Hi ,

As you are on CU9 you can try replacing the icu.net.dll file by following the steps in this article.

If this still doesn't work then you can try the following (at your own risk):

1. Go to C:\Program Files\SDL\SDL Server\TMService
    2. Make a backup copy of the Sdl.TMService.Agent.exe.config and TMServiceHost.exe.config files.
    3. Open each of the (original) config files in a text editor, and add the following lines to the <runtime> element of both:

<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
        <dependentAssembly>
          <assemblyIdentity name="icu.net" publicKeyToken="416fdd914afa6b66" culture="neutral" />
          <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-2.5.4.0" newVersion="2.5.0.0" />
        </dependentAssembly>
      </assemblyBinding>

Let me know if this helps.

Kind regards,
    Nick

• Hi ,

As you are on CU9 you can try replacing the icu.net.dll file by following the steps in this article.

If this still doesn't work then you can try the following (at your own risk):

1. Go to C:\Program Files\SDL\SDL Server\TMService
    2. Make a backup copy of the Sdl.TMService.Agent.exe.config and TMServiceHost.exe.config files.
    3. Open each of the (original) config files in a text editor, and add the following lines to the <runtime> element of both:

<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
        <dependentAssembly>
          <assemblyIdentity name="icu.net" publicKeyToken="416fdd914afa6b66" culture="neutral" />
          <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-2.5.4.0" newVersion="2.5.0.0" />
        </dependentAssembly>
      </assemblyBinding>

Let me know if this helps.

Kind regards,
    Nick

Children