WebSeal

We need to hide Groupshare application server behind transparent proxy – WebSeal. WebSeal provides another authentication that is very important for us before it sends request to backend server. Unfortunately it seems that Groupshare application server needs some http header, but this is lost when going through WebSeal and user authentication fails on /api/management/v2/users. I have not found anything helpful in Knowledge Base. I would like to ask whether it is possible to use some configuration that would provide running application server behind WebSeal. If you have some experience, if it is possible and how much would the support of supplier cost in this case.

About WebSeal: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSPREK_9.0.5/com.ibm.isam.doc/wrp_config/concept/con_ws_authe.html

Parents Reply
  • Hi Eugen,

We have succesfully tested different SSO providers using SAML, like Okta, ADFS and Auth0.  There are a couple of attributes that needs to be present in the SAML response so that Groupshare is able to locate the user. There is a special user type in Groupshare (IDP user) that is used for SSO users. In this case user credentials are not stored with Groupshare, but the user still needs to be provisioned - so that Groupshare roles and permission can be set. 

The attributes that needs to be present in the SAML response are: "user.firstName", "user.lastName", "user.email". These are mandatory and must use these exact attribute names. 
    An example:

Screenshot of an XML code snippet showing SAML response with mandatory attributes user.firstName, user.lastName, and user.email highlighted.

We have some guidelines written for Okta and Auth0 that you could follow - some of the information might be outdated (as Okta and Auth0 user interface changes from time to time). 

I can send it to you in an email, just le me know.

Regards. 

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 6:48 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
Children