Automatic package creation – project package settings

Hi!

When creating a project with publication to GroupShare, a subfolder with a project package is always created at the same time. However, I did not make any settings for this package and did not specify any users. Is this just a dummy and the folder for a package to be configured by me? If not, what basic settings are made here?

Thanks for your feedback!

Best regards,
Manuel

Parents
  • Hi - some supplemental info and further questions here:

The package in reference to the SDLPPX file can be located under the Packages>Out folder.

Personally, I’ve never noticed this until I just checked a previously created-in-Studio GS project in 2021, but it is indeed there.

FYI – Ive noticed that its present in the Studio 2019 folders stack as well, so I am assuming it must be by design and serves some purpose, but I have no idea what.

I tried opening the package from GS/2021 in 2019 but an error was thrown.  I also attempted to open a package from Manuel's workspace and received the same error.

I’m pretty curious now as to what this is about, but it seems to be fairly innocuous.

Best,

Demian

emoji
  • Hi - some supplemental info and further questions here:

The package in reference to the SDLPPX file can be located under the Packages>Out folder.

Personally, I’ve never noticed this until I just checked a previously created-in-Studio GS project in 2021, but it is indeed there.

FYI – Ive noticed that its present in the Studio 2019 folders stack as well, so I am assuming it must be by design and serves some purpose, but I have no idea what.

I tried opening the package from GS/2021 in 2019 but an error was thrown.  I also attempted to open a package from Manuel's workspace and received the same error.

I’m pretty curious now as to what this is about, but it seems to be fairly innocuous.

Best,

Demian

emoji
Children