Error when checking-in a GroupShare project: Confirmation statistics word count is greater than the total number of words

Recently my company is seriously being affected, by the following problem:

We really hope that SDL comes up with a hot fix soon (we've encountered this problem already 5 times in one week).

The other problem is the workaround is not viable for us because we work with freelancers that don't have privileges to run Batch-Tasks!

We really would like to avoid giving external people those types of privileges.

Workaround mentioned on kb:

To workaround the issue run 1 of the 3 Batch-Tasks:

• Translation Count
  • Word Count
  • Analyze Files

Parents
  • Hi Jesse,

I spoke to Product Management on this one as it was new to me, and this is not something that we are actively working on. The reason for this is that neither the Support teams nor Development have been able to reproduce this and it is typically fixed by just running a “Word Count”. I know you said the Freelancers you are working with can't run batch tasks, but this is odd as the Freelance edition of Studio can run batch tasks. So your translators must all be working with the Express or Starter editions.

The theory from Product Management on this is that it's caused by working in different versions of Studio and/or working with 3rd party software. But this is just a theory... so if you or anyone else can provide some files and clear steps on how to reproduce the problem ourselves then we will fix it.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

• Thanks, that was helpful. I mistakenly thought that Groupshare privileges restricted whether you can run Batch Tasks or not, but this does not seem to be the case.

>different versions of Studio
    I think this might be the cause, but I have to check with all parties involved first.
    Is it possible to have different word counts with 2014 SP1 and SP2? I didn't think that was possible,
    but that might be the answer. We have also received reports from translators that running Batch Tasks didn't solve the issue.

>so if you or anyone else can provide some files and clear steps on how to reproduce the problem
    I will see what I can do, but this is quite a complicated problem : ).
  • Unknown said:
    Is it possible to have different word counts with 2014 SP1 and SP2? I didn't think that was possible,

It certainly is.  I updated an article I wrote on wordcounts a week or so ago to take into account the recent changes in SP1 and then SP2.  There are differences and if your content contains a lot of the affected text, quite possible with some technical texts, then the difference can be significant.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

Reply Children