Passolo 2016 client constantly crashes.

We are using the SDL Passolo 2016 and it is constantly crashing lately when trying to update/import/generate literally anything on one of our projects (.NET forms).

I am at the latest version on Windows 10 which is the 16.0.412.0

The Windows event viewer creates that entry but it doesn't say much.

Could you please help me through that?

Thank you in advance!

emoji
Parents
  • Hello altogether,

we're facing spontaneous crashes of Passolo 22.0.183.0 (and earlier) mainly during the update of .Net string lists, too.
    What I've seen is, that prior to the crashes, the memory usage of Passolo increases to about 2.x, nearly 3 GB.

What I don't have any idea about is, why this increased memory usage is not happening every time during updating the string lists. At some days, updating is no problem, on other days it's nearly impossible to update the string lists. It seams as if Passolo wouldn't release (all) the memory used after updating each string list.
    And even closing the project file doesn't release the memory. Only closing Passolo and reopening the project in a new instance releases the used memory. If Passolo didn't crashed earlier. Wink

Maybe, this is something, one of you could check, too and report here. Just to to find out, if you're affected by this increased memory usage, too and if this could be a reason for the crashes, too.
    Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards and have a great day.
    Nils

emoji
  • We have the same problem with the version 22.0.183.0 (and earlier).
    Passolo keeps crashing, the reasons vary and you can't predict or reproduce it.
    It concerns updating .NET text lists, checking these text lists or even just activities in the translation window (automatic translation, fuzzy match search).
    There is a support request, but unfortunately there has been no solution or result so far.

emoji
Reply Children