Xbench / macro checks won't run in Passolo 2018

Hello, everyone!

Does anyone know why my macro checks or Xbench checks won't run in Passolo 2018 - Translator Edition?

I have taken all of the necessary steps to set everything up, including setting up the add-in for Xbench, but whenever I'm done with my translation and I proceed to the macro checks, I get an error message saying "Cannot initialize basic editor." On the other hand, the error message for Xbench says "Internal error: Could not get macro result" (screenshots following).

Error dialog box from Passolo with a warning icon and message 'Cannot initialize the Basic editor.' with an OK button.

Error dialog box from PAIXbenchAddIn with a warning icon and message 'Internal error: Could not get macro result.' with an OK button.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance,

David

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: RWS Community AI at 11:03 AM (GMT 1) on 15 Jul 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • Firstly, 2 different problems with possibly the same cause are described here. The Passolo Translator Edition can run macros, but does not have a macro development environment itself. This would explain the first error. However, only the Xbench developers know why the Xbench add-in reports a macro-based error. It is possible that macros are called in the Xbench add-in.

Has this ever worked before? I would first make sure that the latest version of the 2018 Translator Edition is loaded and used from the RWS site. The macro engine itself is a component that must be registered properly within the Windows operating system. If that fails, it would explain both errors. My first approach would be to install the latest 2018 Translator Edition again so that the Basic engine component is registered correctly. Another approach would be to install the Translator Edition on another computer and test it.

emoji
  • Firstly, 2 different problems with possibly the same cause are described here. The Passolo Translator Edition can run macros, but does not have a macro development environment itself. This would explain the first error. However, only the Xbench developers know why the Xbench add-in reports a macro-based error. It is possible that macros are called in the Xbench add-in.

Has this ever worked before? I would first make sure that the latest version of the 2018 Translator Edition is loaded and used from the RWS site. The macro engine itself is a component that must be registered properly within the Windows operating system. If that fails, it would explain both errors. My first approach would be to install the latest 2018 Translator Edition again so that the Basic engine component is registered correctly. Another approach would be to install the Translator Edition on another computer and test it.

emoji
Children