Problem with downloading apps from the store

Hi

I can't download apps from RWS Appstore, it keeps telling me that:

I am using Studio 2022 and did the following actions following the guide (https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000001414)

trying to solve the problem:

1. reinstalled the Studio (repair)

2. renamed the setting files 

But still no luck.

Please help.

Thanks

emoji
Parents Reply
  • I keep trying, but without success. Know what? Many people will be much more understanding, if they feel updated and like they are being kept informed. Otherwise we have not only the problem of not being able to work (!!), but we also have the impression that a provider who takes quite a lot of money doesn't even care. Uncertainty is one of the most frustrating things to cope with, because it limits your possibilites to react. If there's honest info telling us "this may take another two weeks to solve", people are given the chance to organize alternative solutions, inform customers and reschedule.

emoji
Children
  • Many people will be much more understanding, if they feel updated and like they are being kept informed. 

I do understand this.  Unfortunately all I would be doing is repeating the message that we have published in te Community, in the Account area, in Gateway, and in the appstore.  This is also pretty unhelpful.  But there is really nothing else I can advise

Once we have got any change to what we have already told you we will make this clear.

If there's honest info telling us "this may take another two weeks to solve", people are given the chance to organize alternative solutions, inform customers and reschedule.

I cannot tell you anything "honest" like that because I have no idea and am not able to get anything of more substance from our IT teams.  We are doing three things at the moment:

1. trying to restore what we had (might sound easy but it's really not)
    2. trying to provide an alternative solution which I can tell you I hope to know more about this week on whether we can provide it or not
    3. looking at a longer term solution that is more suitable for the way the appstore is being used today

If I could tell you more I surely would.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • Thanks for your patience Paul; and a very last question, I promise: a colleague with the same problem mentioned a solution via email. I really need to start that job and the client specifically asks to work this way - practically a Machine Translation Post Editing - and they pay "only" for this service. It's a great job, very interesting subject, I really can't risk anything with them. Is there no possiblitity for emergencies, like receiving a link via email?

emoji