Why is DeepL Translation Provider plug-in suddenly not accepting my correct API key after the recent update?

Hello.

I recently updated the DeepL Translation Provider plug-in and now it no longer accepts my API key, even though it is valid (I've checked several times!) - can anyone shed some light?

Many thanks

Susan

Parents
  • Hi Susan,

Can you please send me the logging file from the following path?

C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL Community\DeeplLogs.

For what languages you are trying to use the plugin?

What version of Studio are you using?

Kind regards,

Andrea Ghisa

• Hi Andrea

Here you go. I'm using the plug-in for French into English in this instance. But I also use it for Russian into English. I'm using Studio 2021.

Sdl.Community.DeepLMTProvider.DeepLTranslationProviderConnecter: 2020-09-16 10:31:22.8658 Error One or more errors occurred.
        at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result()
       at Sdl.Community.DeepLMTProvider.DeepLTranslationProviderConnecter.Translate(LanguagePair languageDirection, String sourceText)  
    DeepLTranslationProviderConnecter: 2021-02-01 12:31:36.9839 Error System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server.
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetResponseCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---  An error occurred while sending the request.

I hope this is helpful! 

All the best

Susan

• Hi ,

Thank you for providing the log file. 

It seems the errors logged there are old and it has nothing to do with the Authorization message which you are seeing. I assume somehow in Studio are save some incorrect credentials because that message which appears we are receiving it from DeepL when we are trying to validate the key.

Can you please go to the following path and delete the TranslationProviderCredentialStore files?

C:\Users\[your user]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio16

Once you delete these files you'll have to add the DeepL key again in the translation provider.

Kind regards,

Andrea Ghisa

Reply Children