DeepL Glossary Integration

Hi there,

yesterday, DeepL announced the integration of their glossary feature into their API:

https://www.deepl.com/de/blog/announcing-glossary-support-for-deepl-api

Are there already any plans on how to integrate this in the Studio plugin? As far as I understand the API documentation, the creation/handling of glossaries would be hard to integrate and probably need a seperate app. But could you add something like a field where I can enter a glossary ID that will then be taken into account for the translation?

Will you keep updating the DeepL plugin for Studio 2019?

Kind regards,

Thilo

Parents Reply Children
  •  

Just to clarify

This does not clarify at all.  I have dropped an email to Custom.MT to understand what they are doing in the background to support this.  I think it's important to recognise that DeepL have been quite clear that you cannot use glossaries via the API without a DeepL API pro or Business subscription, and you cannot use a CAT tool integration with only a DeepL API Pro subscription so somewhere in this loop someone has to pay for the full subscription required.

It's not enough to just have a DeepL API Pro account.  If you use some other service to fill the gaps in the subscription and you pay them instead then that's probably fine as they may pay DeepL in some agreement they have with them; and if you also pay for an Advanced or Ultimate subscription then that may be fine (I have asked DeepL this question).  But please let's not muddy the waters here and confuse everyone because (financially and to avoid violation of their terms & conditions) a DeepL API Pro account is not sufficient without something else supporting the CAT tool integration.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • I can confirm this: you can use DeepL glossaries via custom.mt if you have the DeepL Pro Advanced subscription; no need for any of the API subscriptions (which makes sense, as they're intended for developers). Works like a charm.

AFAIK this is the only way to access DeepL glossaries from Studio 2021. In Studio 2022, you can also access them via the DeepL plugin, which is probably the better option unless you're using custom.mt anyway.

Two things I discovered regarding custom.mt are:

• it's essential to confirm your e-mail address in custom.mt; if (like me) you didn't get a mail asking you to do that, contact their helpdesk and they'll sort it
    • for me at least it was only possible to attach a glossary when I connected to the custom.mt console using Firefox, not Chrome, though that may be an oddity of my installation.
    emoji