DeepL Glossary Integration

Hi there,

yesterday, DeepL announced the integration of their glossary feature into their API:

https://www.deepl.com/de/blog/announcing-glossary-support-for-deepl-api

Are there already any plans on how to integrate this in the Studio plugin? As far as I understand the API documentation, the creation/handling of glossaries would be hard to integrate and probably need a seperate app. But could you add something like a field where I can enter a glossary ID that will then be taken into account for the translation?

Will you keep updating the DeepL plugin for Studio 2019?

Kind regards,

Thilo

Parents Reply
  • I can confirm this: you can use DeepL glossaries via custom.mt if you have the DeepL Pro Advanced subscription; no need for any of the API subscriptions (which makes sense, as they're intended for developers). Works like a charm.

AFAIK this is the only way to access DeepL glossaries from Studio 2021. In Studio 2022, you can also access them via the DeepL plugin, which is probably the better option unless you're using custom.mt anyway.

Two things I discovered regarding custom.mt are:

• it's essential to confirm your e-mail address in custom.mt; if (like me) you didn't get a mail asking you to do that, contact their helpdesk and they'll sort it
    • for me at least it was only possible to attach a glossary when I connected to the custom.mt console using Firefox, not Chrome, though that may be an oddity of my installation.
    emoji
Children
No Data