OpenAi Translator error:

Hello, 

I've downloaded the app and installed it, I've also created an account in OpenAI and created the API key but I get the following errors when trying to use it:

1. When selecting Model GPT-4, I get the "Not found" error 

2. When selecting GPT3.5 TURBO or TEXT DAVINCI 003, I get the "Bad request" error:

I tried with all the Prompts and I get the same error for all of them, except for the "No 3rd person singluar pronouns" that I get the "Too many requests" one. 

Could you please help me on this one?

Thanks, 

Bego,

emoji
Parents Reply
  • We will investigate these errors, and interpret better the messages that are returned from the OpenAI API.  As you already noted, this is most likely related to a time-out as the gpt-3.5-turbo and especially gpt-4 models don't seem to be provisioned appropriately for public consumption at the scale they are used.

Also Consider that you need a paid account to access both gpt-3.5-turbo and gpt-4.  Additionally, some countries are not allowed access to the API entirely, like Italy.

The model text-davinci-003 (e.g. gpt 3.0) is available for free for the first 3 months and is resonably fast, so might be worth confirming if this working, just to confirm you are able to communicate with the OpenAI API.  It will help to narrow down the cause.

emoji
Children