OpenAi Translator error:

Hello, 

I've downloaded the app and installed it, I've also created an account in OpenAI and created the API key but I get the following errors when trying to use it:

1. When selecting Model GPT-4, I get the "Not found" error 

2. When selecting GPT3.5 TURBO or TEXT DAVINCI 003, I get the "Bad request" error:

I tried with all the Prompts and I get the same error for all of them, except for the "No 3rd person singluar pronouns" that I get the "Too many requests" one. 

Could you please help me on this one?

Thanks, 

Bego,

emoji
Parents Reply Children
  • Hi  ,

There are several reasons why you are receiving this error, incorrect API key, rate limiting, account suspension, but also could be related to system requiring a proxy connection.

I've used ChatGPT to help me articulate the response, underneath. Can you review these responses and lets see if we can narrorow down the cause?

Q: Explain why a user would receive an unauthorized http response from a plugin integration with OpenAI API?

A: There are several reasons why a user might receive an "unauthorized" response when attempting to integrate with the OpenAI API. Here are some possible explanations:

1. Incorrect API Key: The most common reason for an "unauthorized" response is an incorrect API key. OpenAI requires an API key for authentication purposes, and if the key is incorrect, the API will reject the request. Developers should ensure that they are using the correct API key for their integration.

2. Missing Permissions: OpenAI's API is divided into several endpoints, each with its own set of permissions. Developers should ensure that their API key has the necessary permissions to access the endpoint they are trying to use.

3. Rate Limiting: OpenAI limits the number of requests that can be made to its API within a certain timeframe. If a developer exceeds this limit, the API will return an "unauthorized" response. Developers should ensure that they are not making too many requests within a short period of time.

4. Account Suspension: In rare cases, OpenAI may suspend a developer's account for violating its terms of service or engaging in abusive behavior. If a developer's account is suspended, they will receive an "unauthorized" response when attempting to access the API.

Q: If the user's computer requires a proxy configuration to connect to the internet, could this also be problematic when connecting to OpenAI API?

A: Yes, if the user's computer requires a proxy configuration to connect to the internet, it could cause issues when connecting to the OpenAI API.

A proxy server acts as an intermediary between a client (such as a user's computer) and a server (such as the OpenAI API). When a user's computer is configured to use a proxy server to connect to the internet, all traffic from the user's computer is routed through the proxy server. This can cause issues if the proxy server is not properly configured to allow connections to the OpenAI API.

If the user's proxy server is not properly configured to allow connections to the OpenAI API, the API requests from the user's computer may be blocked by the proxy server. In this case, the developer would need to work with the user to properly configure the proxy server to allow connections to the OpenAI API.

In addition, if the OpenAI API requires authentication via an API key, the developer would need to ensure that the API key is properly configured to work with the proxy server. This may require additional configuration on the user's part, such as configuring the proxy server to allow the API key to be passed through to the OpenAI API.

Overall, connecting to the OpenAI API through a proxy server can add an extra layer of complexity to the integration process, but it is possible to work around these issues with proper configuration and troubleshooting.

Q: Could it also be related to a country not having access to OpenAI API?

A: Yes, it's possible that a country not having access to the OpenAI API could result in an "unauthorized" response for a developer trying to integrate with the API.

emoji
  • Hi, Patrick. Thank you for your reply. I'm not a developer, but a translator, and I don't understand everything you say. I don't think Spain has banned OpenAI or anything. I think the problem may be that my API keys are assigned to a different organization rather than Trados, or something like that. I would need some professional help (that's what ChatGPT suggested:). Can you suggest something in that sense? I would be grateful if you could send a DM

emoji
  • Hello,

from the amounts of users having same issues there's probably something not working as expected.

Is there a debug feature in the plugin that produce a log of the requests/answers?

PS: i have the same "bed request" issue. The same prompt via curl works as expected.

emoji
  • Hi ,  I'm currently working on a new release that will enable us to track a bit more information related connectivity, with the objective of providing more insight to what is causing these types of issues.

I will circle back here once we have a build available.  It might also help me if I could follow up with one of you directly to diagnose on a computer that reproduces this issue

Thank you to everyone for your feedback; much appreciated.

• Hi, Patrick. Thanks a lot for that. I'm looking forward to the new release, and I would be happy if you wish to diagnose my computer. If you wish to contact me, my email address is rociovalerol@gmail.com (with an "L" after "valero").  

• Hi  , thank you very much for spending time with me this afternoon, in a debug session to identify the root cause of the issues reported.  I've been able to identify what is causing the underlying exception from the log file you provided.

I will work on a new release in these days to resolve this issue definitvely and circle back to you.

Amazing support, thx much (y)

emoji
  • Hi, Patrick Andrew Hartnett. Thank you for your patience in spite of my clumsiness in the videocall and for helping me successfully install the new release of the plug-in. I am glad that you could identify the issue. The plug-in is working well for me now. I am sure it will be very useful.  

emoji