Index Error with SDLXLIFF split by StudioViews

Hello Trados AppStore Team,

I've split some large SDLXLIFF using studioViews and now translators are having issues saving their edits made in SDLXLIFF.  They can save their edits when there are no error messages, but they cannot save their edits when the following error message pops up (see screenshot). Can you please help? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Error message in Trados Studio stating 'The index was out of range. It must not be negative and must be less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index.' with an OK button.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 3:21 PM (GMT 1) on 23 Apr 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • I am reposting with text, instead of a screenshot.

The following error message pops up when translators try to save their edits in SDLXLIFF spit by studioViews app. When this error messages comes up, translators are not able to save their edits. 

L'index était hors limites. Il ne doit pas être négatif et doit être inférieur à la taille de la collection. Nom du paramètre : index

Here is translation of the error message:

The index was out of range. It must not be negative and must be less than the collection size. Parameter name: index

The original SDLXLIFF before split are pretty large and that makes it hard to meet delivery schedule to the customer. Is there anything I could do to help translators?

emoji
  • I am reposting with text, instead of a screenshot.

The following error message pops up when translators try to save their edits in SDLXLIFF spit by studioViews app. When this error messages comes up, translators are not able to save their edits. 

L'index était hors limites. Il ne doit pas être négatif et doit être inférieur à la taille de la collection. Nom du paramètre : index

Here is translation of the error message:

The index was out of range. It must not be negative and must be less than the collection size. Parameter name: index

The original SDLXLIFF before split are pretty large and that makes it hard to meet delivery schedule to the customer. Is there anything I could do to help translators?

emoji
Children
  • Hi  ,

You didn't mention what Studio and app version you're using. This piece of info is important to be able to check and advise further.

Also, please let me know:

1. Is this happening to all projects or just specific files?

2. If it's specific, can I have a sample file to test and try reproduce?

In addition, it's worth having a look at this article which tackles the issue, as this may not necessarily be related directly to the plugin:

https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000021558 

Regards,

Oana

Oana Nagy | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • Hi Oana,

Thanks for replying to my post.

Translators didn’t clearly state which files these errors are happening. All I have from them via project manager is:

Sorry, but there is something technically wrong with the files.

Randomly, I CAN or CANNOT save the modifications that I make. Therefore, I cannot progress in the work.

See below a screenshot of the message I get. It happens whether I open all the files or just one file at a time. Same thing.

When I get this message, I cannot save my work. So I lose everything done since the last time I opened the file.

Don’t know if I am clear enough, but I will wait your instructions…

Thank you. 

Error message in Trados Studio reading 'The index was out of range. It must not be negative and must be less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index' with an OK button.

Previously when I had a similar job I needed to prep, I manually exported large SDLXLIFFs to smaller SDLXLIFFs manually using studioViews, i.e. selected portion of a SDLXLIFF in Studio Editor and exported out to a separate SDLXLIFF using studioViews and repeated that until every segment was exported. We didn’t hear any complaints about that job from translators.

• For this job, I have specified a rough word count for split, and had studioViews export them into smaller SDLXLIFFs.
    • My Studio version is 2022 SR2 17.2.9.18688
    • studioViews version is 2.1.3.0
    • I have sent you via email log files I saved for splitting, and a Studio package. In the package, you will find the following:
    • SDLXLIFF in EN-US_FR-CA folder are the original SDLXLIFF before split.
    • SDLXLIFF in Split folder are the split SDLXLIFF.

I also tried to run WIP reports with split files, but they errored out with “ Object reference not set to an instance of an object.” Messages. I’ve restarted Studio, but they just error out always. In retrospect, I should not have sent these split SDXLIFF files to translators as I had issues with them in Studio.

Thanks,

Naoko

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 6:03 PM (GMT 1) on 26 Apr 2024]