It is my pleasure to announce that our latest major releases of SDL Trados Studio and SDL MultiTerm, including our brand new cloud offering SDL Trados Live Essential, are now available for you to start enjoying! As usual, they will be delivered to you in the next few days via your SDL account for those that have preordered this release as well as for holders of product support and maintenance agreements. Please allow for a few days for the license to be released to you as well as Trados Live Essential delivered to you in your Language Cloud account.
So much is new both in terms of "traditional" Studio and MultiTerm features as well as the new ways of working in the cloud. For a concise overview, I recommend that you read the Studio and MultiTerm release notes. We also have a video on the new features in Studio that you might find interesting:
SDL Trados Live Essential - Our New Cloud-Based Offering
As promised, we are also launching our latest translation productivity cloud offering, SDL Trados Live Essential, with this release. Every license holder of Studio 2021 will be entitled to 12 months worth of free subscription to Live Essential, giving you lots of time to experiment and learn what this is all about.
For more information on this offering and how it works, we have created a video that should help you get started:
By the way - if you are already using SDL Trados Live Team or SDL Language Cloud - Translation Management, you can also enjoy the deeper integration of the cloud capabilities in Studio 2021, giving you a much more integrated way of working with cloud projects and resources within your team. Basically, Studio 2021 integrates with all three cloud offerings, with Trados Live Essential being the new entry-level offering.
We thought it might be useful to use this blog post to point you to several resources for diving deeper into the rich new capabilities in Studio, MultiTerm and Trados Live.
- Release Notes: https://docs.sdl.com/SDLTradosStudio2021/ReleaseNotes
- Online Help: https://docs.sdl.com/SDLTradosStudio2021/
- Project Management Quick Start Guide: https://docs.sdl.com/SDLTradosStudio2021/ProjectManagementQSG/
- Translation Memory Management Quick Start Guide: https://docs.sdl.com/SDLTradosStudio2021/TranslationMemoryManagementQSG/
- Trados Studio Translating and Reviewing Quick Start Guide https://docs.sdl.com/SDLTradosStudio2021/TranslatingAndReviewingQSG
- Migration Guide: https://docs.sdl.com/SDLTradosStudio2021/MigrationGuide
- Installation Guide: https://docs.sdl.com/SDLTradosStudio2021/InstallGuide
- Release Notes: https://docs.sdl.com/SDLMultiTerm2021/ReleaseNotes
- Online Help: https://docs.sdl.com/SDLMultiTerm2021/
- Installation Guide: https://docs.sdl.com/SDLMultiTerm2021/InstallGuide
SDL Trados Live Essential
- Online Help: https://docs.sdl.com/812699/805892/sdl-trados-live-essential/welcome-to-the-------------sdl-trados-live-essential-documentation
- Project translation roundtrips: https://docs.sdl.com/812699/810711/sdl-trados-live-essential/project-file-translation-flows-and-restrictions
- Working with Online Editor: https://docs.sdl.com/812699/637629/sdl-trados-live-essential/working-with-------------sdl-online-editor
That's it for now. Hopefully this helps to get you started. Check back regularly for future updates, and thanks for using our products!