We have just released the latest Trados Live Essential update and are excited to announce that it delivers some great new features, specifically in the area of online editing. These are delivered to you automatically, just login to your Trados Live Essential account, and they will be available immediately.
Productivity: upLIFT Fragment Recall now available in Online Editor
upLIFT technology has been available in Trados Studio for a few years. We are glad to let you know that we are leveraging this next-gen translation memory technology in our cloud offerings more and more. As a key milestone on this journey, Online Editor can now display fragment match results coming from subsegment searching. You will find these results in the Lookup pane. This capability can help users leverage translation memory content to speed up translation whenever there is no fuzzy match or a machine translation match that needs editing. For more information on upLIFT technology, see https://docs.sdl.com/813470/577394/trados-studio-2021-sr1/uplift.
Quality: Support for Third Party Grammar and Spell Checking Add-ons
Online Editor has been updated to support certain third-party spelling and grammar checking add-ons such as the popular browser add-in, Language Tool (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/grammar-and-spell-checker/oldceeleldhonbafppcapldpdifcinji?hl=en). This provides spell and grammar checking as well as synonym suggestions while working in Online Editor.
Note: This tool is not officially supported, it is just one example that we tested among the tools that can work in text fields in browsers in this way. There may be other tools with similar functionality. At this point in time, this add-on works best in segments without tags and other non-textual elements. We will look at improving the integration with this and other add-ons where possible.
Additional Online Editor Usability and Productivity Enhancements
In addition to the above changes, we also added a few smaller enhancements across a number of areas in Online Editor to make you more productive and to increase usability:
- Double-clicking a term result in the Online Editor sidebar will now add it to the target segment. This makes interaction with known terminology faster. As before, known terms are also available in the AutoSuggest functionality for fast insertion into target segments.
- Improved auto-propagation behaviour in Online Editor. More detail on this particular change is available here: https://docs.sdl.com/791595/890679/rws-language-cloud-translation-management/auto-propagation-in-------------online-editor
- Online Editor can now also be opened directly from any error tasks that occur during the “Target File Generation” task. This gives you a direct path to fixing any issues related to content in the file.
- Applied new colour scheme to Online Editor as part of our ongoing rebranding efforts
- 80+ bug fixes in Online Editor for increasing overall stability and performance.
And as always, we have added various other bug fixes and user experience enhancements across our platform.
We hope this post was informative, and we look forward to continuing to provide you with updates to the product!
Principal Product Manager