This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problem with Trados Studio 2022 - either freezes or won't close at all

I have a "new" problem with Trados Studio 2022 (just bought): it not only either freezes or closes by itself continuously (dozens of times per day),

but now it has stuck open and won't be closed at all, unless I switch off my PC completely by pushing the OFF button for a long time!

This is unbelievable. Can someone tell me what is the problem?

Thank you!

[locked by: Paul at 9:51 AM (GMT 1) on 26 Jul 2024]
emoji
  •  

but now it has stuck open and won't be closed at all, unless I switch off my PC completely by pushing the OFF button for a long time!

Not the solution to your issue, but instead of rebooting yuour PC you may try something wicker: run Task Manager (the shorcut is using the CTRL + SHIFT + ESC), select Trados Studio and then press End task button at the bottom.

emoji
  •  you mentioned Studio either freezes or won't close at all.
    On one hand I feel these are separate topics but on the other they could be 1 in the same.

Some additional information will help keep this progressing:

• What plugins do you have installed / if any?
    • Are you only working with local file based projects & resources or at you also using GroupShare/Language Cloud or perhaps have OneDrive connected?
    • Can you explain what is happening when you say
    closes by itself continuously (dozens of times per day),

Example: Are you in the process of confirming segments, batch pre-translating or working across multiple projects (have many files open in the Editor View)

Lyds

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • Hola Jesus, as I said to Alison elsewhere, when I open the Task Manager there is only a BLANK page! No list of active programs. I used to push Ctrl+Alt+Canc (old method), but that does not work either. I am lost...

emoji
  • Hi Lydia, thank you for your time spent on trying to help me!

1. I have just installed Studio 2022 from 2021, so I installed no plugins for the moment.

2. Yes, I am only working on local projects for the moment, with my own or client's TMs and occasionally use MT (Cloud based resources, for which I pay a subscription for extra characters), nothing else.

3. I simply mean that when I quickly type or overtype (due to my excessive finger speed) something, the app freezes and then closes by itself OR just freezes and cannot be closed in any manner, not even with the Task Manager (which appears empty, as I showed in another post here in the community). This happens while I am simply typing my translations, maybe because I type too quickly and push more than 1 key simultaneously sometimes, or maybe I involuntarily push keys together and do not know what they cause... but Studui 2021 did not close or freeze so many times as 2022 does!
    Sometimes I may have multiple files open, yes, but not always.

4. Yes, I repaired Studio and nothing changed.

emoji
  •  

I'm closing this thread off as it's discussed in several others and I believe the conclusion, or part of it, was that you need to get your machine looked at to make sure it's running correctly.  Once you've done that and the computer itself is operating correctly I'd recommend you create a new thread if you still have problems we need to address.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji