Migrating projects from Local to Cloud WITHOUT TRANSLATION ENGINE - it is possible?

I have a client who does NOT want me to use machine translation, so I am trying to migrate a project from Local to Cloud, but there is a step where I am requested to enter or create a Translation Engine.

But I do NOT want a translation engine, I want to translate myself manually. Can this be done in the Cloud, so that I can wrok from a Macintosh?

emoji
Parents
  •  

I suggest you review this help document:

https://docs.rws.com/795494/753163/trados-team/cloud-translation-engines

If you use the Trados Copilot to ask about Translation Engines you'll get something like this:

A translation engine in Trados Studio cloud capabilities is an entity that aggregates all your translation resources into one place.  It can consist of Translation Memories (TMs), Termbases, and Neural Machine Translation (NMT) Models.  By creating translation engines, you can easily reuse them across projects without having to select the same linguistic resources every time you start a new project for the same language pairs.  Trados Studio doesn’t offer this, but it is a feature people creating many projects all day long appreciate because of the time it saves.

You need to set up your Translation Engines in your cloud account and only add to them the sort of resources you prefer to use.  You could have one that includes Machine Translation, Translation Memories and Termbases, and maybe one that doesn't use Machine Translation at all. This is all something you can configure and is in your control.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  •  

I suggest you review this help document:

https://docs.rws.com/795494/753163/trados-team/cloud-translation-engines

If you use the Trados Copilot to ask about Translation Engines you'll get something like this:

A translation engine in Trados Studio cloud capabilities is an entity that aggregates all your translation resources into one place.  It can consist of Translation Memories (TMs), Termbases, and Neural Machine Translation (NMT) Models.  By creating translation engines, you can easily reuse them across projects without having to select the same linguistic resources every time you start a new project for the same language pairs.  Trados Studio doesn’t offer this, but it is a feature people creating many projects all day long appreciate because of the time it saves.

You need to set up your Translation Engines in your cloud account and only add to them the sort of resources you prefer to use.  You could have one that includes Machine Translation, Translation Memories and Termbases, and maybe one that doesn't use Machine Translation at all. This is all something you can configure and is in your control.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children
No Data