Post-editing with AI

Hi Community,

I wonder if there is a way to instruct GPT within Trados to post-edit the target translations, already translated with NMT (another provider). I am aware that you can perform this task segment by segment, using different prompts, like "Refine translations", which changes (but not always, which is annoying) the translated segment according to the project terms from the Multiterm.

But I am looking for a way to do it for the whole project at once. In batch tasks, I see the option "Pre-translate Files with AI Professional", but I don't want to resend  to a NMT engine what is already pre-translated. I just need to post-edit the destination.

Is this option possible somehow?

Best regards,

Almudena

emoji
Parents
  •  

I haven't tried, but I think that:

• this is a task under Batch tasks since the last update of the plugin AI Professional, so I bet it works for a whole project.
    • the proposed way of working if first Pre-translate, using any NMT engine or TMs, and then Pre-translate Files with AI Professional, as you can see from the following screen shot taken from the last week webinar (not yet available here Webinars ):

Screenshot of Trados Studio's Batch Processing window showing 'Pre-translate Files' and 'Pre-translate Files with AI Professional' selected under the 'Selected Tasks' section.

I don’t think that in this step Pre-translate Files with AI Professional the Source content is resent to an NMT engine, but to the AI in order to refine (post-edit) the already translated content. You can remove the first step Pre-translate if the content is already pre-translated.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 7:54 AM (GMT 0) on 28 Feb 2024]
  •  

I haven't tried, but I think that:

• this is a task under Batch tasks since the last update of the plugin AI Professional, so I bet it works for a whole project.
    • the proposed way of working if first Pre-translate, using any NMT engine or TMs, and then Pre-translate Files with AI Professional, as you can see from the following screen shot taken from the last week webinar (not yet available here Webinars ):

Screenshot of Trados Studio's Batch Processing window showing 'Pre-translate Files' and 'Pre-translate Files with AI Professional' selected under the 'Selected Tasks' section.

I don’t think that in this step Pre-translate Files with AI Professional the Source content is resent to an NMT engine, but to the AI in order to refine (post-edit) the already translated content. You can remove the first step Pre-translate if the content is already pre-translated.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 7:54 AM (GMT 0) on 28 Feb 2024]
Children
No Data