Removing AT statuses as you work

This one has always been a hot topic and I've been fairly opinionated on this in the past, but today there are so many published ways to do this I thought I'd share a simple way of automating the removal of the AT status as you work:

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Clear AT statuses in SDL Trados Studio.
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^+f::
Send ^a^c!{Ins}^a^v
Return

The script is simple enough, you just press Ctrl+Shift+f and the AT status from a machine translation magically disappears so the active segment appears to be a new translation for you to post-edit.  The script just automates the selection of the target, copy the target to the clipboard, overwrite the target with the source which clears the AT status, select the target again and paste back the original machine translation.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

Parents
  • Thank you Paul! I use something slightly different for the same purpose:

Rwin:: ; removes AT from segment status after post-editing and confirms the segment
    Send ^a
    Send ^c
    Send !{Delete}
    Send {Up}
    Send {Down}
    Send ^v
    Sleep 100
    Send !q ; (alt+Q is my custom shortcut to confirm the segment)
    Return

I like your idea of overwriting target with source instead of having to move the cursor up and down to clear the AT status, so I'll modify my script with that.

• For some reason I can't get "copy source to target" to work reliably with this script, so I reverted to "clear segment" but got rid of the up and down arrows to move out of the segment and back into it (I can't remember now why I had added that, but if it comes back to me I'll report back).

Here's another variation of the script that combines inserting the translation result (when AT is not populated automatically into the segment) and removing the AT status. This script doesn't confirm the segment, so it will just insert the translation result, remove the AT status and leave it ready for post-editing.

This script passes through the usual function of Ctrl+1, and it just adds the extra functionality to the shortcut.

~^1:: ;Inserts translation result and removes AT status
    Send ^a
    Send ^c
    Send !{Delete}
    Send ^v
    Return

The script can be modified to do the same for Ctrl+2, Ctrl+3, etc.
  • For some reason I can't get "copy source to target" to work reliably with this script, so I reverted to "clear segment" but got rid of the up and down arrows to move out of the segment and back into it (I can't remember now why I had added that, but if it comes back to me I'll report back).

Here's another variation of the script that combines inserting the translation result (when AT is not populated automatically into the segment) and removing the AT status. This script doesn't confirm the segment, so it will just insert the translation result, remove the AT status and leave it ready for post-editing.

This script passes through the usual function of Ctrl+1, and it just adds the extra functionality to the shortcut.

~^1:: ;Inserts translation result and removes AT status
    Send ^a
    Send ^c
    Send !{Delete}
    Send ^v
    Return

The script can be modified to do the same for Ctrl+2, Ctrl+3, etc.
Children