OldClipboard:= Clipboard
Clipboard:= ""
Send, ^c ;copies selected text
ClipWait
Run http://www.google.com/search?q=%Clipboard%
Sleep 200
Clipboard:= OldClipboard
Return

Edit: Part of the script had been converted to a link and was not showing properly. I've now edited this.

Parents
  • Hi Nora,

I'm very interested this script. I frequently use google to search words during translation. I never used AHK before. It seems very powerful. I just tried this script. When I press Alt+G, only the google search window pops up. The selected texts are not pasted into the search box. Would you please kindly advise what to do at your convenience? Thanks,

Regards,
    Ivan
  • Unknown said:
    Hi Nora,

I'm very interested this script. I frequently use google to search words during translation. I never used AHK before. It seems very powerful. I just tried this script. When I press Alt+G, only the google search window pops up. The selected texts are not pasted into the search box. Would you please kindly advise what to do at your convenience? Thanks,

Regards,
    Ivan

Hi Ivan,

Paul has posted an alternative script but just to follow up, I think I see why it's not working for you (and for Paul). When I pasted the script on this forum, part of it got converted into a link, which is not what you need. This is my actual script:

;Google lookup
    !g::
    ClipWait
    Sleep 200
    Return

As you can see, the part of the variable, called %Clipboard%, where the contents of the clipboard are pasted into the search field, was not showing in the original post.

Hope it works for you now!

Best,

• Unknown said:
    Hi Nora,

Regards,
    Ivan

Hi Ivan,

Paul has posted an alternative script but just to follow up, I think I see why it's not working for you (and for Paul). When I pasted the script on this forum, part of it got converted into a link, which is not what you need. This is my actual script:

;Google lookup
    !g::
    ClipWait
    Sleep 200
    Return

As you can see, the part of the variable, called %Clipboard%, where the contents of the clipboard are pasted into the search field, was not showing in the original post.

Hope it works for you now!

Best,

Children