Script for changing segment status

Inspired by Paul's recent blog post, I've just tried for over an hour to create a script to change the segment status. Specifically, I want to be able to assign the status "Translation Approved" and "Translation Rejected" via keyboard shortcuts while I'm in "Translation" mode in the Editor.

I consulted the AHK documentation and watched a couple of tutorials and found that what I'm trying to do should be easy enough - just two mouse clicks, first on "Change Segment Status", then on the respective status. Figuring out the absolute cursor positions on my screen was also easy using "Active Window Info".

So the script below is supposed to assign "Translation Approved" in the maximized Editor window on a 27'' screen when I press Ctrl + Win key + q. But unfortunately, it doesn't. It clicks on "Change Segment Status", but then it stops without clicking on the status. Can anybody see or guess what I've done wrong here?

Thanks in advance!

Eva

;Studio 2017: Change Segment Status > Translation Approved (find absolute mouse cursor position using "Active Window Info" in AHK's program folder)
^#q::click 1346 108
click 1346 218
ExitApp

Parents
  • Hi Eva,

I'm learning as you are, so had a go despite there being an app for this.  I thought I could use the alt keys in the script for this.  So, Alt+h+u+t gets me the translated status for example.  But I can't get the use of multiple keys to work correctly and always end up with the Alt keys activated in the ribbon and the letters ut in my segment.  In fact I've tested this so many times now I can remember the different Alt key shortcuts for them all and this works really well ;-)

Regards

Paul

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

• Unknown said:

So, Alt+h+u+t gets me the translated status for example.  But I can't get the use of multiple keys to work correctly and always end up with the Alt keys activated in the ribbon and the letters ut in my segment.  

Hi Paul,

I believe the solution to that is adding a KeyWait Ctrl line at the beginning of the script, if Ctrl is to be part of the hotkey, so something like this:

^#q::
    KeyWait Ctrl
    Send !h
    Sleep 50
    Sendinput u
    Sleep 50
    Sendinput t
    Return

The explanation for this is in the following thread in the Autohotkey forum, which refers specifically to this issue in Studio: the Alt key not being sent on its own when the Control key is still being held down.

autohotkey.com/.../viewtopic.php

An alternative solution would be using a hotkey that doesn't use Control, then a regular script should work, I think

• Unknown said:

So, Alt+h+u+t gets me the translated status for example.  But I can't get the use of multiple keys to work correctly and always end up with the Alt keys activated in the ribbon and the letters ut in my segment.  

Hi Paul,

I believe the solution to that is adding a KeyWait Ctrl line at the beginning of the script, if Ctrl is to be part of the hotkey, so something like this:

^#q::
    KeyWait Ctrl
    Send !h
    Sleep 50
    Sendinput u
    Sleep 50
    Sendinput t
    Return

The explanation for this is in the following thread in the Autohotkey forum, which refers specifically to this issue in Studio: the Alt key not being sent on its own when the Control key is still being held down.

autohotkey.com/.../viewtopic.php

An alternative solution would be using a hotkey that doesn't use Control, then a regular script should work, I think

Children