SDL Language Cloud

Hi there,

I haven't used Trados since August and now that I need it I can't find SDL Language Cloud, even if I still pay for the service! Why isn't it integrated with the app any more? As far as I've understood, it has been turned into "Language Weaver Solutions" but I just can't figure out how use it in the App (I don't need it online!). Can you please help me? Every now and then there are updates and I get quite annoyed by the fact that I cannot contact any of them to receive proper reply and support, even though I've paid and I still pay quite A LOT for their services! It's starting to get me seriously, seriously annoyed, because I've just received a work and have to hand it in by tomorrow!

Thank you in advance,

Best regards.

Giulia

emoji
  • Hi 

If you feel you have a Language Cloud Account and your purpose is to access Machine Translation then this can be done in 1 of 2 ways:

A. Without out an app

1. First make sure you are logged into your  Language Cloud as I am (top right)
    2. Select Cloud-based resources from the dropdown

Trados Studio screenshot showing user Lydia Simplicio logged in at the top right corner and the dropdown menu for Cloud-based resources selected.

3. Make sure Machine Translation is listed as a resource 

Trados Studio Cloud-based Resources window with Machine Translation selected, showing source language English (United States) and target language German (Germany) with a Generic - NMT model.

B. With an App (Language Weaver Cloud)

Details found here: https://appstore.rws.com/language/app/language-weaver/941/

With that said, we are currently experiencing issues downloading apps so if NMT is what you are after then please review option A for now.

The last point I will raise is your 

I cannot contact any of them to receive proper reply and support, even though I've paid and I still pay quite A LOT for their services!

I checked what I believe is your account and your SMA status is inactive. If you have paid for support then you could contact support direct.
    If the inactive status is incorrect and there is an account error then let me know so I can get this addressed for you.

That said there is a team of us that manage the RWS Communities and our levels of support tends to result in proper replies and happy endings.

Lyds

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 6:12 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]