Language Weaver unavailable after Studio update

I updated Studio 2021 with service package SR2 - 16.2.12.9338 this morning and can now no longer get Language Weaver to work. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the plug-in but to no avail. Despite the plug-in being active, when I go to 'Project Settings > Translation Memory and Automated Translation > Use > Language Weaver provider' absolutely nothing happens, i.e. no pop-up or error opens, the system simply closes the drop-down list and acts as though I haven't done anything. Any advice?

emoji
Parents Reply
  •   

Just to confirm what Oana advised.  I just tested this and had the same problem.  But it is just a one off caused by the changes made in the plugin namespace.  You just need to close Studio and only delete this folder (as long as you didn't put the old one back):

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\16\Plugins\Unpacked\Language Weaver\

Then restart and all will be well.

One other thing to note is that the first time you add the provider to a project you may be asked to sign in even though you are already signed into Studio.  This will also only happen once, also a side effect of some wide ranging changes we made to support alternative logging in methods.

You should take this upgrade though because all future updates will have this same problem for you UNTIL you take the leap!

emoji
Children
No Data