Pre-translated words being charged twice.

I'm pre-translating and an error occurred, then I have to pay again to run the LW again.

Could you please try to not charge for them?

As you have the "Do not Resend for Translation", that means you can distinguish new one from repetitions.

Also, if we already pay for a specific segment call, it should be ours, in a sense that if I request again on the same day, it shouldn't be double charged.

That happens a lot with big projects, due to errors in the process, I enclosed today's.

Thanks in advance!

<SDLErrorDetails time="11/01/2023 09:43:40">
  <ErrorMessage>Referência de objeto não definida para uma instância de um objeto.</ErrorMessage>
  <Exception>
    <Type>System.NullReferenceException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
    <HelpLink />
    <Source>Sdl.ProjectApi.Translation</Source>
    <HResult>-2147467261</HResult>
    <StackTrace><![CDATA[   em Sdl.ProjectApi.Translation.FuzzyMatchRepair.TranslationSource.MachineTranslationSource.GetTranslations(IReadOnlyList`1 sourceTokens, TranslationPurpose purpose, ICollection`1 proposals, SearchResultsMerged searchResults, Boolean completeTranslationsOnly)
   em Sdl.ProjectApi.Translation.FuzzyMatchRepair.TranslationSource.MachineTranslationSource.GetTranslations(List`1 sourceTokens, TranslationPurpose purpose, Boolean completeTranslationsOnly)
   em Sdl.ProjectApi.Translation.FuzzyMatchRepair.TranslationSource.MachineTranslationSource.AddSearchIfRequired(List`1 searchTokens, TranslationPurpose proposalPurpose, Boolean completeProposals, List`1 requiredSearches)
   em Sdl.ProjectApi.Translation.FuzzyMatchRepair.TranslationSource.MachineTranslationSource.GetRequiredSearches(DeferredTranslationData translation, List`1 requiredSearches)
   em Sdl.ProjectApi.Translation.FuzzyMatchRepair.TranslationSource.MachineTranslationSource.GetDeferredTranslations(List`1 deferredTranslationData)
   em Sdl.ProjectApi.Translation.FuzzyMatchRepair.TranslationSource.ProxyTranslationSource.GetDeferredTranslations(List`1 deferredTranslationData)
   em Sdl.ProjectApi.Translation.FuzzyMatchRepair.FuzzyMatchRepair.GetDeferredTranslations(List`1 translationSources)
   em Sdl.ProjectApi.Translation.FuzzyMatchRepair.FuzzyMatchRepair.RepairResults(SegmentAndSubsegmentSearchResultsMerged searchResults, List`1 translationSources)
   em Sdl.ProjectApi.Translation.FuzzyMatchRepair.FuzzyMatchRepair.RepairResults(SegmentAndSubsegmentSearchResultsMerged searchResults)
   em Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.MatchRepairContentProcessor.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
   em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Core.Utilities.BilingualApi.BilingualContentHandlerAdapter.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
   em Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.TranslationMemoryLookupContentProcessor.OutputParagraphs()
   em Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.TranslationMemoryLookupContentProcessor.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
   em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.BilingualApi.AbstractBilingualContentProcessor.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
   em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.Processors.SegmentRenumberingBilingualProcessor.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
   em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Core.Utilities.BilingualApi.BilingualContentHandlerAdapter.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
   em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.AbstractBilingualProcessorContainer.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
   em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.BilingualApi.AbstractBilingualContentProcessor.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
   em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.LocationMarkerLocator.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
   em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.AbstractBilingualProcessorContainer.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
   em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.FileExtractor.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
   em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Core.Utilities.BilingualApi.ParagraphUnitBuffer.Release()
   em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.OutputParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit pu)
   em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.ParseLocalizableParagraphUnit(transunit transunit, LockTypeFlags lockFlags)
   em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.ParseTransUnit(transunit transunit)
   em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.ParseGroup(group group)
   em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.OnGroup(XmlElement group)
   em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.SdlXliffFeeder.<ContinueScanning>b__14_11(ISdlXliffStreamContentHandler handler)
   em System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
   em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.SdlXliffFeeder.ContinueScanning()
   em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.ContinueParsing()
   em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.ParseNext()
   em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.FileExtractor.ParseNext()
   em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.ParseNext()
   em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.Parse()
   em Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.TaskExecution.ContentProcessingTaskImplementation.TaskFileExecuter.Parse(String targetFilePath)]]></StackTrace>
  </Exception>
  <Environment>
    <ProductName>Trados Studio</ProductName>
    <ProductVersion>Studio16</ProductVersion>
    <EntryAssemblyFileVersion>16.2.12.9338</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
    <OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 11 Pro</OperatingSystem>
    <ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
    <OperatingSystemLanguage>1046</OperatingSystemLanguage>
    <CodePage>1252</CodePage>
    <LoggedOnUser>DKT-LNV\LNV</LoggedOnUser>
    <DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>
    <ComputerName>DKT-LNV</ComputerName>
    <ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork>
    <PhysicalMemory>33245300 MB</PhysicalMemory>
  </Environment>
</SDLErrorDetails>

emoji
  • Updating:

To pre-translate a 22k words project, I was charged 79k words.

That's certainly not right.

Please help me out with that.

Thanks again.

emoji
  • Hello Alberto,

The error looks to be a Studio error, I am therefore moving the post to the Studio group so that you can get proper support for it.
    Did you do a pre-translate or did you use the interactive translation method?

If you have the option "Do not Resend for Translation" enabled in the plugin setting, a segment already translated will not be resent for translation.

Regarding Language Weaver usage tracking, we do not store any translation on our servers so if you submit a project twice for translation, this will be processed twice and usage recorded accordingly.

I'd recommend working with the Studio team to understand the reason for the Studio crash and prevent it for the future to avoid unwanted usage.

I hope this helps and I am sorry this has caused inconvenience. 

Thank you,
    Madalina

emoji
  • Hi Madalina,

Thanks for your reply, but that didn't solve my issue.

Wherever there's an error on the pretranslating process, the count will be made of the usage, but due to the error I won't have the file pre-translated.

I can't use the button  "Do not Resend for Translation", because I need to retranslate, due to the error.

I just said, that if you have this button, you know what is repeated and what's not.

There must be a way to not double charge us if the process doesn't finishes accordingly.

I hope you can help us with that.

Thanks in advance!

emoji
  • Hello Alberto, 

I realize my answer does not solve the issue of characters recorded as processed in Language Weaver in case of a Studio crash. I've reached out internally to Trados support colleagues to investigate this further. I'm hoping we can identify the cause of Studio errors in the project preparation to prevent further crashes. This would address the issue at the root. In Language Weaver, for security purposes, we do not store any translation so there is no record of what you've translated and should not be resent for translation. The "Do not resend" is logic built into the Studio plugin for Language Weaver and will allow you to disable MT requests for already machine translated segments.

Can you please let me know if you are able to raise a support ticket describing the steps to reproduce the problem, input file (if it can be shared), error message and error log if available, Studio and plugin version used?     

I'll come back with an update as soon as I have news. 

Thank you,

Madalina

emoji
  • Hi Madalina,

Thanks so much for the support and persistence to find the solution.

What we usually do is you access our pc, and we do it together, the error is on this thread, up above.

We are on GMt-3, so you know.

Happy to help further, pls advise.

Thanks!

emoji
  • Hi 

Another big project, same problem.

i'm pasting here the error

pls help with that.

tks!

<SDLErrorDetails time="31/01/2023 19:36:15">
      <ErrorMessage>Referência de objeto não definida para uma instância de um objeto.</ErrorMessage>
      <Exception>
        <Type>System.NullReferenceException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089</Type>
        <HelpLink />
        <Source>Sdl.ProjectApi.Translation</Source>
        <HResult>-2147467261</HResult>
        <StackTrace><![CDATA[   em Sdl.ProjectApi.Translation.FuzzyMatchRepair.TranslationSource.MachineTranslationSource.GetTranslations(IReadOnlyList`1 sourceTokens, TranslationPurpose purpose, ICollection`1 proposals, SearchResultsMerged searchResults, Boolean completeTranslationsOnly)
       em Sdl.ProjectApi.Translation.FuzzyMatchRepair.TranslationSource.MachineTranslationSource.GetTranslations(List`1 sourceTokens, TranslationPurpose purpose, Boolean completeTranslationsOnly)
       em Sdl.ProjectApi.Translation.FuzzyMatchRepair.TranslationSource.MachineTranslationSource.AddSearchIfRequired(List`1 searchTokens, TranslationPurpose proposalPurpose, Boolean completeProposals, List`1 requiredSearches)
       em Sdl.ProjectApi.Translation.FuzzyMatchRepair.TranslationSource.MachineTranslationSource.GetRequiredSearches(DeferredTranslationData translation, List`1 requiredSearches)
       em Sdl.ProjectApi.Translation.FuzzyMatchRepair.TranslationSource.MachineTranslationSource.GetDeferredTranslations(List`1 deferredTranslationData)
       em Sdl.ProjectApi.Translation.FuzzyMatchRepair.TranslationSource.ProxyTranslationSource.GetDeferredTranslations(List`1 deferredTranslationData)
       em Sdl.ProjectApi.Translation.FuzzyMatchRepair.FuzzyMatchRepair.GetDeferredTranslations(List`1 translationSources)
       em Sdl.ProjectApi.Translation.FuzzyMatchRepair.FuzzyMatchRepair.RepairResults(SegmentAndSubsegmentSearchResultsMerged searchResults, List`1 translationSources)
       em Sdl.ProjectApi.Translation.FuzzyMatchRepair.FuzzyMatchRepair.RepairResults(SegmentAndSubsegmentSearchResultsMerged searchResults)
       em Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.MatchRepairContentProcessor.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
       em Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.TranslationMemoryLookupContentProcessor.OutputParagraphs()
       em Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.TranslationMemoryLookupContentProcessor.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
       em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.Processors.SegmentRenumberingBilingualProcessor.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
       em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.LocationMarkerLocator.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
       em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.FileExtractor.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
       em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Core.Utilities.BilingualApi.ParagraphUnitBuffer.Release()
       em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.OutputParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit pu)
       em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.ParseLocalizableParagraphUnit(transunit transunit, LockTypeFlags lockFlags)
       em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.ParseTransUnit(transunit transunit)
       em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.ParseGroup(group group)
       em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.OnGroup(XmlElement group)
       em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.SdlXliffFeeder.<ContinueScanning>b__14_11(ISdlXliffStreamContentHandler handler)
       em System.Collections.Generic.List`1.ForEach(Action`1 action)
       em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.SdlXliffFeeder.ContinueScanning()
       em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.ContinueParsing()
       em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.ParseNext()
       em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.FileExtractor.ParseNext()
       em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.ParseNext()
       em Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.Parse()
       em Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.TaskExecution.ContentProcessingTaskImplementation.TaskFileExecuter.Parse(String targetFilePath)]]></StackTrace>
      </Exception>
      <Environment>
        <ProductName>Trados Studio</ProductName>
        <ProductVersion>Studio16</ProductVersion>
        <EntryAssemblyFileVersion>16.2.12.9338</EntryAssemblyFileVersion>
        <OperatingSystem>Microsoft Windows 11 Pro</OperatingSystem>
        <ServicePack>NULL</ServicePack>
        <OperatingSystemLanguage>1046</OperatingSystemLanguage>
        <CodePage>1252</CodePage>
        <LoggedOnUser>DKT-LNV\LNV</LoggedOnUser>
        <DotNetFrameWork>4.0.30319.42000</DotNetFrameWork>
        <ComputerName>DKT-LNV</ComputerName>
        <ConnectedToNetwork>True</ConnectedToNetwork>
        <PhysicalMemory>33245300 MB</PhysicalMemory>
      </Environment>
    </SDLErrorDetails>

emoji
  • We will be pleased to help you with this problem so have logged a support case on your behalf. We do prioritise customers who have a support contract so please keep in mind it could take up to 48 hours, especially over a weekend, but rest assured we will contact you as soon as we can. You will be contacted at the email address used for this Community. Support Case Id : 00773884 .

emoji
  • Hi  ,

While this issue is being investigated, you may want to consider disabling UpLIFT Match Repair in the batch tasks. From the error details you have provided, this looks like the cause of the problem.

It can be switched off in the project settings, under Language Pairs | All Language Pairs (or specific language pair) | Match Repair (then set Batch Tasks to Off)

emoji
  • Hi Ian,

Thanks for the tip, I hope you get a workaround, cause this match repair is a very cool functionality.

Have a great day!

emoji