Problem with Machine Translation

Our Trados program no longer performs machine translation leaving us with an empty language target column. We have used our trados provider with various language destinations to no avail. Problem we have never had in the past. 

emoji
Parents
  •   

There are a few things that come to mind.

1. How are you using machine Translation?

Via on the fly lookup at segment level or as a batch task?
    If its via on the fly lookup at segment level are you getting results?

In the event your concern is when performing batch tasks, then have you checked your settings?
    In my case its not enabled so despite I have NMT as a resource it wont help during pre translation

Screenshot of Trados Studio showing Pre-Translate Settings with a red warning icon next to 'Apply automated translation' option.

2. Have you checked your account to ensure you still have characters available: https://portal.languageweaver.com/login
    M
    ost certainly a root exploring if both on the fly and batch task pre-translate isnt working

3.  How are you integrating with machine translation?

• Language Weaver Plugin
    • Translation Engine via Language Cloud
    • Another way perhaps

It could be that its not referenced properly as a setting or not configured correctly.
    Example the languages are not supported / well mapped

Is this a recent issue or is this the first time you are trying to use NMT?

Looking forward to your clarifications

Lyda

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 6:19 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
  •   

There are a few things that come to mind.

1. How are you using machine Translation?

Via on the fly lookup at segment level or as a batch task?
    If its via on the fly lookup at segment level are you getting results?

In the event your concern is when performing batch tasks, then have you checked your settings?
    In my case its not enabled so despite I have NMT as a resource it wont help during pre translation

Screenshot of Trados Studio showing Pre-Translate Settings with a red warning icon next to 'Apply automated translation' option.

2. Have you checked your account to ensure you still have characters available: https://portal.languageweaver.com/login
    M
    ost certainly a root exploring if both on the fly and batch task pre-translate isnt working

3.  How are you integrating with machine translation?

• Language Weaver Plugin
    • Translation Engine via Language Cloud
    • Another way perhaps

It could be that its not referenced properly as a setting or not configured correctly.
    Example the languages are not supported / well mapped

Is this a recent issue or is this the first time you are trying to use NMT?

Looking forward to your clarifications

Lyda

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 6:19 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
Children
No Data