MT Studio 2022 not working

Hi all,

I have no idea why, but MT stopped working fo me. When choosing 'Apply automated translation' in pre-translate, nothing happens, the segments are still empty, and when clicking on a segment, I only get term based suggestions.

I was using 'cloud sources' MT, that was working fine a few days ago. As that didn't work, I tried the Language Weaver option, and still no result.

I set up a new project with the same Word documents, and the usual settings I have been using with Trados, and again, no result. I tried it with all 4 documents in one go, nothing. I tried with a single document, again nothing.

What am I doing wrong? Or is there an issue with MT?

emoji
Parents Reply
  • Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

Here are the screenshots

Trados Studio 'Create a New Project' window showing project setup with Portuguese to Dutch language pair selected and a single Word file ready for translation.

Language Weaver settings window in Trados Studio with Portuguese to Dutch language pair selected, showing no dictionary available and no linguistic options available.

Trados Studio 'Translation Resources' tab displaying enabled Cloud-based resources and Language Weaver with no apparent errors or warnings.

Trados Studio 'Batch Tasks' tab showing pre-translate settings with 'Leave target segment empty' selected for when no match is found.

Summary window in Trados Studio displaying project details including source and target languages, files, and translation memories with no errors or warnings.

Final preparation window in Trados Studio confirming successful project setup with all tasks completed and no errors or warnings.

And then only the TM results are filled in, and the rest is empty, with some segments getting a suggestion in Termbase Viewer when selecting a segment.

Instead of Language Weaver, I also tried using the Cloud based resources option, but that has the same result. And I tried both options for PTbr too, again with no MT result.

A few days ago all was working fine. I hadn't changes any settings, so I can't understand why it suddenly isn't working as it used to.

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 2:33 PM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
Children