Nothing happens when I sign into Language Weaver Cloud

I just upgraded to Trados Studio 2022 and installed Language Weaver Provider. But When I click on Language Weaver Provider, the language pair comes up but it says there is no model available. However, it is a very common language pair (French-Canada to English-Canada).

The other NMT options are working either.

Anyone have idea about how I can resolve this please?

emoji
Parents
  •  

Please provide a screenshot (you can copy/paste in here) of your Studio interface when you attempt to do this so we can see what you're looking at.  Also make sure you show the language pairs in the project you are working on when you attempt to add an MT provider.

The other NMT options are working either.

Presumably you meant "not working either" in this statement.  Can you tell us what other options you are referring to?

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • Hi Paul, Yes, I apologize, I meant that the other NMT options are NOT working either.

I should explain that I have been using Language Weaver for over a year and a half now and checked my report yesterday. My usage is at 7,201,200 characters which I understand is the limit, but I don't see why the plugin would completely stop working. I also updated from Studio 2021 to the 2022 version the other day, so I don't know if that is related. Lastly, I am trying to switch to the Language Weaver Provider plugin since the original Language Weaver plugin is no longer being maintained.

So when I go to select Language Weaver Machine Translation, I see the following options to download the plugin (which is already installed):

Trados Studio plugin installation window showing Language Weaver and Language Weaver Edge options with no visible errors.

When I select the other option in the dropdown list ("Language Weaver") nothing happens.

The other MT engine I have used in the settings ("Cloud-based resources") can be activated but nothing happens when I open a file for editing.

Trados Studio Cloud-based Resources settings showing French (Canada) to English (Canada) language pair with Generic - NMT model selected and no dictionaries added.

Note that the language pair is French(Canada) to English (Canada).

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: Trados AI at 9:45 AM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
  • Hi  

If you have reached the limit of free characters, then the plugin will not show any language pair anymore. 

Also it is important to mention on what version of Trados Studio you are working. Go to Help -> About Trados Studio and copy the full version number. 

The recent Language Weaver plugin works only with the latest version of Trados Studio. If you are on an older version of Trados Studio, only older versions of the plugin work. 

You also might have more than one Language Weaver plugin installed. Please check Plugin Management tool from : C:\Program Files (x86)\Trados\Plugin installer and double clicking on the Sdl.Community.SdlPluginInstaller.exe 

https://gateway.sdl.com/CommunityKnowledge?articleName=000010617 

Hope this helps. 

Kind regards, 

Radu

emoji
Reply Children
No Data