Segments no meeting "Apply automated translation" setting

Hi,

I have a Trados Studio 2021 Professional project set up with these settings:

1. The DeepL Translation provider is enabled alongside a normal TM.
  2. I have deleted the fuzzy band 50-74% from my project
  3. In the pretranslate settings, my Minimum match value is set to 75% and the "Apply automated translation" is enabled for when no match found.

After a pre-translation I have opened a document and am seeing segments with no MT applied (noting on the target side) - surely they will either be a full match, a 75%+ fuzzy match or a MT?

When I click in these segments, the Translation Results pane shows matches of 73% which:

• is below my 75% minimum threshold 
  • belongs to a fuzzy band I have deleted.

Can someone explain to me why these segments have not been sent to MT?

Thanks

Mark

emoji
  •  

If you did this exactly as you have stated then I cannot explain why it's not working for you.  The only comment I'd make is that changing the band only affects the analysis... nothing else.  I tried to mimic this and set up a small project to verify the behaviour... but it's all working fine for me!

emoji
  • Hi Paul, 

I appreciate you spending the time to try this and create a video of it. It gives me hope you cannot reproduce the problem and it could be me!

I'll be going through the detail of the video this afternoon. The only thing I've spotted so far is the order of your TM providers is different to mine. I have the TM first, then DeepL.

Does this matter?
    Thanks

Mark

emoji
  •  

The only thing I've spotted so far is the order of your TM providers is different to mine. I have the TM first, then DeepL.

Does this matter?

I just tested it to make sure... makes no difference.

emoji
  • Hi Pail,

Success! I went through your video frame by frame and can confirm "user error".

I'd "forgotten" that there are 2 places where Minimum match value is set.

1. Project Settings->Language Pairs->All Language Pairs->Translation Memory and Automation->Search
    2. Project Settings->Language Pairs->All Language Pairs->Batch Processing->Pre-translate Files

I had set option 2 but option 1 was set to 70!

I have changed both entries to 75% and now it's works perfectly.

Many thanks Paul for excellent support

Best Regards

Mark

emoji