Language Weaver login issues

I have followed the instructions about how to use MT in Trados as per video link further below (kindly provided by Fran, at RWS Trados team), but when I get to the point where I need to log in at Language Weaver site, it says that I am not authorized to use LW, even though I have a permanent licence of Trados Studio 2024, which comes with free LW (ideally Edge, but happy to use Cloud if its the only option offered).

Also, I have added MT in my file, but this does not trigger pretranslation as soon as I open the file, and I have already ticked the box in Options - Edit - Automation to allow MT.

Finally, I am not allowed to Use Cloud-based Resources, but I can only add AnyTime Cloud-based Resources. 

Your help will be very much appreciated.

Gemma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhP-Q1m9gyk

emoji
Parents
  •  

I assume you are EU based (aka not US)?

Initial thing to try, can you log into https://portal.languageweaver.com/login?

With regards to 

ideally Edge, but happy to use Cloud if its the only option offered)

Unless you work for an organisation that has Edge installed within their domain and you are allowed to use it, everyone will be using Cloud.

That said, I dont understand this

I am not allowed to Use Cloud-based Resources, but I can only add AnyTime Cloud-based Resources.

Use cloud based resources is no different to AnyTM Cloud based resource expect that the language pairs may reflect in a different direction/flavour
    And if you are not allowed to use Cloud based resources - then it does not not matter how you access Language Weaver it would not be allowed 

Looking past this "may you may you not use cloud"  - in Trados Studio there are 2 ways in which you can get access to Language Cloud.

Through the plugin "Language Weaver Provider" or via "Cloud-based resources"

Screenshot of Trados Studio showing a list of translation memory options with 'Cloud-based resources...' and 'Language Weaver Provider' highlighted in red, indicating an error or warning.

Once you clarify where you stand on using cloud, can you try log into either or of these 2 listings after you have verified if you have a valid Language Weaver account as mentioned above?

Lyds

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 10:12 PM (GMT 1) on 18 Jul 2024]
  •  

I assume you are EU based (aka not US)?

Initial thing to try, can you log into https://portal.languageweaver.com/login?

With regards to 

ideally Edge, but happy to use Cloud if its the only option offered)

Unless you work for an organisation that has Edge installed within their domain and you are allowed to use it, everyone will be using Cloud.

That said, I dont understand this

I am not allowed to Use Cloud-based Resources, but I can only add AnyTime Cloud-based Resources.

Use cloud based resources is no different to AnyTM Cloud based resource expect that the language pairs may reflect in a different direction/flavour
    And if you are not allowed to use Cloud based resources - then it does not not matter how you access Language Weaver it would not be allowed 

Looking past this "may you may you not use cloud"  - in Trados Studio there are 2 ways in which you can get access to Language Cloud.

Through the plugin "Language Weaver Provider" or via "Cloud-based resources"

Screenshot of Trados Studio showing a list of translation memory options with 'Cloud-based resources...' and 'Language Weaver Provider' highlighted in red, indicating an error or warning.

Once you clarify where you stand on using cloud, can you try log into either or of these 2 listings after you have verified if you have a valid Language Weaver account as mentioned above?

Lyds

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 10:12 PM (GMT 1) on 18 Jul 2024]
Children
No Data