How to integrate a term base into machine cloud translation

Hi, I do not use sdl to translate many documents, so I am not very experienced. I have started to see the functionality of the basic term and it seems to me that the concept is to save translation preferences.

I give a practical example: in English the word "button" I would like it to be translated into Italian as "tasto" so that all automatic translations made with the cloud machine always generate this translation for me.

How do I do this?

emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

To integrate a term base into your machine cloud translation, you can follow these steps:

Step 1: Create a term base in Trados Studio. This term base will contain your preferred translations for specific terms, such as translating "button" to "tasto" in Italian.

Step 2: Once your term base is created, you need to add it to your project settings. To do this, go to the "Project Settings" and select "Language Pairs". Then, under "All Language Pairs" or a specific language pair, select "Terminology Verification". Here, you can add your term base.

Step 3: Now, when you use the Language Weaver for machine translation, it will take into account your term base and use your preferred translations where possible.

Remember, the term base is a powerful tool that can help ensure consistency in your translations. It's particularly useful when you have specific terminology preferences or when you're working on a project that uses specialized language.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Ho provato a fare come dici ma quando mi fa la pre traduzione continuo a vedere la traduzione di button come pulsante

emoji
Reply Children
  • Ciao,

Mi dispiace sentire che stai avendo problemi con l'integrazione del tuo term base. Potrebbe essere necessario assicurarsi che il term base sia correttamente collegato al tuo progetto. Ecco alcuni passaggi che potrebbero aiutarti a risolvere il problema:

Passaggio 1: Controlla se il term base è correttamente collegato al tuo progetto. Vai alle "Impostazioni del progetto", seleziona "Coppie di lingue", poi sotto "Tutte le coppie di lingue" o una specifica coppia di lingue, seleziona "Verifica della terminologia". Qui dovresti vedere il tuo term base.

Passaggio 2: Assicurati che il term base sia impostato come predefinito. Se hai più term base collegati, il term base che desideri utilizzare per la traduzione automatica dovrebbe essere impostato come predefinito.

Passaggio 3: Se il problema persiste, potrebbe essere utile creare un nuovo progetto e collegare il term base a questo nuovo progetto per vedere se il problema si risolve.

Ricorda, l'integrazione del term base con la traduzione automatica è un processo potente che può aiutare a garantire la coerenza nelle tue traduzioni. Se continui a riscontrare problemi, non esitare a chiedere ulteriore assistenza.

Cordiali saluti,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Screenshot of a machine translation interface showing a segment with source text in English and its Italian translation. A term base suggestion is visible on the right.

come vedi nell'immagine a destra il termbase sta funzionando ma la traduzione NMT continua a propormi la sua traduzione

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 9:30 AM (GMT 1) on 8 Oct 2024]
  •  

The AI is hallucinating in a very optimistic way here!  If you want to have terminology correctly used with your MT... here's a few ideas:

1. Use the OpenAI provider from the appstore as this is capable of ensuring that the correct terminology from your termbase is applied to whatever MT provider you have in place: https://appstore.rws.com/Plugin/249
    2. Look at using an MT  provider that supports the use of glossaries:
      1. Language Weaver (with a paid account)
      2. DeepL (always paid anyway)

The MT providers use their own glossaries for this and not MultiTerm so you would have to export from your termbase and convert to an appropriate format for use in the MT providers if this is what you decide to do.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji