Multiple entries with the same ID but different terms

Hello,

I am relatively new to MultiTerm an struggling with its logic regarding the entries (or maybe its a bug?).

In my terms list (browse terms) I get to see the following three entries (yellow)

Screenshot of Trados Studio showing a list of terms with the term 'Einf gen' highlighted in yellow.

I am fine with the content of the first one:

Screenshot of Trados Studio showing term details for 'Eigenschaften' with entry ID 322 in German and French.

What surprises me is that the second term has the same content including the same ID, in some cases a tag (e.g. two tags for workflow status) is different.

Screenshot of Trados Studio showing term details for 'Eigenschaften' with entry ID 322, indicating a duplicate entry in the terms list.

What strikes me even more is that the third term again has the same content and ID but is listed as a different word in the terms list:

Screenshot of Trados Studio showing term details for 'Einf gen' with entry ID 322, suggesting an issue with multiple entries having the same ID.

I have observed this behaviour with multiple entries and when I delete one of them (clicking on delete in the terms view) more than one disappears. In the current case I delete "Einfügen" and "Einfügen" as well as one of the two instances of "Eigenschaften" disappeared. The last time I remember that all of the entries with the same ID disappeared upon deleting just one of them from the terms list.

So my question are:

1) Why do multiple terms with the same ID appear in the terms list?

2) How can I "clean" the terms list so that I only see one entry for each ID and at the same time not loose any data by inadvertently deleting all entries with the same ID.

3) Is the behaviour normal or should I report it as a bug?

Thanks very much for your support!

Best, Ines

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 2:14 PM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji