"No results available" in Term Recognition window even though the entries exist in the termbase and I can see them when I perform a termbase search

Former Member
Former Member

Im running SDL Trados Studio 2019 SR2 15.2.7.2849 and SDL Multiterm 2019 15.0.6.56482, both u`pdated to the latest versions

For example in Segment 146 term "Wasserfilter" is not displayed in the term recognition window:

SDL Trados Studio 2019 interface showing a segment with the term 'Wasserfilter' not highlighted in the term recognition window.

But if I search "Wasserfilter" the termbase search window shows the entry:

SDL Multiterm 2019 search window displaying the entry for 'Wasserfilter' after a manual search.

How can I solve this problem?

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 2:20 PM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply
  • Ha ha, never heard that one, will try it the next time I run into the problem! It just now reared its ugly head (for the millionth time, in v2022), which is why I am back here in the forums. :-(

"Term recognition not working" is a long-standing issue that has never been fixed. Indeed, I don't think it ever will be, until RWS decide to switch to a more modern underlying technology. Currently, MultiTerm termbases are based on ancient Microsoft Access database tech. 

Just search the RWS Community on "Term recognition not working" and you will see that it is a story as old as time. This is a real shame since other than this one (REALLY ANNOYING!!!) problem, I think Trados Studio 2022 is really starting to shine.

emoji
Children
No Data