Trados Business Manager
Language Weaver Connectors
Language Weaver Edge
Tridion Docs Developers
RWS User Experience
Internal Trados Ideas Community
RWS Community Internal Group
RWS Training & Certification
RWS Enterprise Technology Partners
Trados Approved Trainers
ETUG (European Trados User Group) Public Information
Nordic Tridion Docs User Group
Tridion West Coast User Group
Trados Studio Ideas
Trados GroupShare Ideas
Trados Team Ideas
Trados Team Terminology Ideas
Trados Enterprise Ideas
Trados Business Manager Ideas
RWS Appstore Ideas
Tridion Docs Ideas
Tridion Sites Ideas
Language Weaver Ideas
Language Weaver Edge Ideas
Managed Translation - Enterprise Ideas
LiveContent S1000D Ideas
Events & Webinars
To RWS Support
Detecting language please wait for.......
I have been constantly annoyed be term recognition not working consistently. I am an intensive TD user and might have many TDs opened sometime. What I observe is too too often - Term existing in the TD are now recognized - not highlighted and not in the Term Recognition window. But I can search for them and here they are!!!!This was the case with 2017, with 2019 and now with 2021.… still not fixed.
Earlier, the speed of the various screens, adding a TD or refreshing a TD was a major issued and that has been handled once for all - great.
Now that issue on TD is the next one inline to be resolved as well once for all, as what the use of a TD and the system can't use them properly?!If you are experiencing the same problem - please post it - so we can get this resolved!!!
I've noticed this for years too. When it starts happening I restart Trados Studio and that seems to fix it.
I have a similar issue with term recognition not working consistently with 2021 (2017 and 2019 were the same). I already tried to uncheck lookahead, restart Studio, change the layout of the TB window, but nothing helped.
The recognition works for some of the first segments and suddenly stops working for the next segments, then works again for some segments (if I am lucky) and so on. It moreover does not always recognises all words in a segment, even if the terms are all present in the TB.
I sincerely hope there is a way to fix this, since it is a real massive loss of productivity!
Same problem here, too, and I have also had it in all versions of Studio, up to the latest version currently available.
Same for us here. And re-organizing TBs is not an option, as we're using GroupShare and server TBs. Even then, term recognition does not work properly, much to our translators' aggravation as TBs are crucial to translation quality and coherence when working in a large team.
Same issue here. Have you managed to resolve it or find an alternative? Thanks
I also have the same issue. Sometimes I only need to close Studio but most of the time I must reorganise the termbase and then it works for the next few segments - and then fails again.
Yes, I have the exact same problem. I was working away fast in Studio, adding terms, getting them recognised in my document.
And now, one hour later, I am again wasting valuable time trying to work out why Studio has stopped recognising terms.
First it stopped recognising new terms.
Now it has stopped recognising any terms.
And, for the icing on the cake: MultiTerm crashes while trying to reorganise the term bank.
Getting really tired of this buggy software suite...
I shall now have to switch to memoQ to get my work done and then reimport the termbase later.
I also have the problem that MT sometimes crashes while reorganising. This sometimes occurs when the TB is open in Studio, If this not the cause, the only solution I have found is to recreate the TB with Glossary Converter. I find a bigger problem with Verify that flags far too many false positives because it does not seem to calculate weightings correctly.
Thanks for your comment Anthony. I've now tried it a third and fourth time and suddenly, it worked.
Now Trados is also recognising the terms again. But some terms now throw the well-known "Object not set to reference..." error. So I have maybe now lost terms or at least comments I made on them. Good job I made a backup before reorganising.
The worst thing about Verify is if you have set up forbidden terms. Then Trados finds them *all* in your target text, regardless of what is there in the source segment.
IMHO, terminology handling badly needs an overhaul.
Im just linking the two threads together as these are relating to the same issue-