Assigning keyboard shortcuts in Multiterm 2019

Hello,

I like to create my own termbases using Multiterm. I'm an eager user of some shortcut combinations to speed up the work (like F3 for adding a new term or Enter for confirming it). However, I'd be glad to know if there are shortcuts for moving in between the empty fields (Tab does not work here) or for the 'Add Term' button next to each language. Moving the cursor around while adding new terms is just too time-consuming.  Also, a possibility to set extra shortcuts would be nice. Or at least a workaround like this one (https://community.rws.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/w/customer-experience/5061/assign-single-key-keyboard-shortcuts).

Parents Reply
  • Marta Kiezik

In the Default Layout F3 works for adding an entry. But there might be a better solution. I think that the Default layout is interesting for quickly adding or changing an entry. If you want to add/edit many entries, it might be easier to use eg. the Flags layout and create an input model with those fields you want to add at a regular basis (don't forget to activate the full form input model). Navigating through the entry then is very easy using Tab and shift tab. Using these shortcuts not only lets you navigate through the entry, but the field that was open for editing is automatically closed and the data saved.

emoji
Children
No Data