MultiTerm Widget bar malfunction

Dear Community,

there are two issues related to Multiterm and MultiTerm Widget I would like to reopen, since the threads available here do not solve my doubts.

1. "MultiTerm is included for free, and will be available to download from your RWS Account, when you purchase any Trados Studio license". This is what we find on the RWS page. However, I am not so sure about the Widget viewer. Is it linked to MultiTerm or can be it be installed on a "non-translator´s" computer and used to search (only search and view) the terminology from a TDB in some shared location? 

2.  Widget gives me a lot of trouble, it doesn´t search the words that I know I personnaly saved to the TDB. Is there any solution? Maybe the 2022 version? 

Thank you in advance!

emoji
Parents
  •   

However, I am not so sure about the Widget viewer. Is it linked to MultiTerm or can be it be installed on a "non-translator´s" computer and used to search (only search and view) the terminology from a TDB in some shared location? 

It is a tool specifically designed to work without MultiTerm.  Maybe this article will help?

https://multifarious.filkin.com/2012/11/27/widget/

Widget gives me a lot of trouble, it doesn´t search the words that I know I personnaly saved to the TDB. Is there any solution? Maybe the 2022 version? 

Is the termbase saved on your local drive, or in MultiTerm Server (the application and not just a termbase you placed on a network drive to share).

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  • It is a tool specifically designed to work without MultiTerm.  Maybe this article will help?

Dear Paul!!! Have read  the article, absolutely brilliant in terms of style and the way you explain the concepts!!!!

As for the MultiTerm Widget, the idea of sharing our database with the rest of the company occured to me because I was 100% sure that Multiterm is a stand alone app. And free. So I asked one of the colleagues (an engineer) to collaborate. He requested the installation of this app, and the IT department installed him Multiterm+Widget (1-month trial version). So that made me doubt and reading articles (at least what I found) convinced me even more that this Widget is part of the Studio package (which makes no sense, if you already have your full Multiterm package installed, kind of redundant). So I´m already sending another request to our IT people to check this out.

Is the termbase saved on your local drive, or in MultiTerm Server (the application and not just a termbase you placed on a network drive to share).

The first step was just to send my colleage the Multiterm file (I prepared a small one, just for testing), and see how it works. BUT (and this same problem happens to me, and I am a license Studio user), widget just doesn´t find some words (I think I should start another thread about  that, following your previous advice).

So the first stage was just testing it locally. And the general idea is, yes, to have the dictionary at some shared location, so that anyone with the Widget installed could have access to it. There will be problem with simultaneous access, you mean?....

emoji
  • It is a tool specifically designed to work without MultiTerm.  Maybe this article will help?

Dear Paul!!! Have read  the article, absolutely brilliant in terms of style and the way you explain the concepts!!!!

As for the MultiTerm Widget, the idea of sharing our database with the rest of the company occured to me because I was 100% sure that Multiterm is a stand alone app. And free. So I asked one of the colleagues (an engineer) to collaborate. He requested the installation of this app, and the IT department installed him Multiterm+Widget (1-month trial version). So that made me doubt and reading articles (at least what I found) convinced me even more that this Widget is part of the Studio package (which makes no sense, if you already have your full Multiterm package installed, kind of redundant). So I´m already sending another request to our IT people to check this out.

The first step was just to send my colleage the Multiterm file (I prepared a small one, just for testing), and see how it works. BUT (and this same problem happens to me, and I am a license Studio user), widget just doesn´t find some words (I think I should start another thread about  that, following your previous advice).

So the first stage was just testing it locally. And the general idea is, yes, to have the dictionary at some shared location, so that anyone with the Widget installed could have access to it. There will be problem with simultaneous access, you mean?....

emoji
Children
No Data