SDL MultiTerm Matrix Cache Service Error 1053: This service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Hi All, 

Did any one faced something similar as described in this article? https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000021455

There are various symptoms like:
Term Recognition in Trados Studio or Online Editor is not working anymore when using a server-based Termbase
Opening server-based Termbases and/or fuzzy searches are not working anymore in MultiTerm Desktop
On the application server where Trados GroupShare is installed, checking the MultiTerm Matrix Cache Service in the Trados GroupShare Console or the Services Console shows that the service is stopped.
Trying to (re-)start the service is resulting in the error/warning:

Windows could not start the [Service Name] service on Local Computer
Error 1053: the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

I have tried most of the solutions for the same Error 1053: mentioned in Knowledge base and not only, nothing did help. Event logs does not give any more or less informative description. I tried to check Trados logs but either I don't know where to check properly either I found nothing informative. 

Having no paid support from Trados, makes this issue even more complicated. 

Any suggestions, ideas and thoughts on this ? Trados installed on MS Windows Server 2019 Standard.

Error message in Services console showing 'Windows could not start the SDL MultiTerm Matrix Cache Service on Local Computer. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.'List of installed programs including SDL MultiTerm 2022 Core, SDL MultiTerm Server, and Trados GroupShare 2020 Services with various installation dates and sizes.

Thanks and Regards,

Olga

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 2:22 PM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents Reply Children
No Data