Multiterm cannot create termbase on OneDrive

I'm running trados and multiterm on windows 365 cloud PC, Windows 11. Recent Cloud PC assigns "Document" folder on OneDrive. 

In this environment, Multiterm failed to create termbase file on it's default place, "Document/Studio 2022/Termbases", with "invalid flename" message.

(Note: message is in Japanese, so "invalid filename" may slightly different)

Multiterm seems works fine with local disks.

Both Multiterm and trados are latest, 2022 SR2.

(I found several posts on "invalid filename" cases, but it seems different since it works on local drives)

emoji
Parents
  •  

Sounds funny but the solution is don't save any files on OneDrive... or see if this works when you set OneDrive to always ensure the files remain in local even though they may also be saved in the cloud.

My recommendation would be to not use OneDrive for any Studio or MultiTerm files.  I appreciate the default location goes there, I have experienced this myself recently with my home laptop, and I think this needs to be addressed.  But I just changed my OneDrive settings for now so that all files are always local and cloud.  Unfortunately OneDrive doesn't seem to let me choose which folders so it's all or nothing.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
  •  

Sounds funny but the solution is don't save any files on OneDrive... or see if this works when you set OneDrive to always ensure the files remain in local even though they may also be saved in the cloud.

My recommendation would be to not use OneDrive for any Studio or MultiTerm files.  I appreciate the default location goes there, I have experienced this myself recently with my home laptop, and I think this needs to be addressed.  But I just changed my OneDrive settings for now so that all files are always local and cloud.  Unfortunately OneDrive doesn't seem to let me choose which folders so it's all or nothing.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children