Can not use the Termbase

Last week I reinstalled my notebook and also trados studio 2021.
As of this moment the terbases doesn't work.
I can neither open it nor create a new one.
The error message at opening the existing TB: "General error occurred Multi Term kann das Multimedia-Objekt nicht abrufen."
The error message at creating a new one: "MultiTerm kann die Termbank nicht erstellen. Kein zulässiger Dateiname."
  (The file name is quite simple: "Recht")
I tried to deinstall/install several time and to repair with Trados Freshstart, but it didn't help.
So I would highly appreciate kind support.
emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with MultiTerm. Let's try to resolve this issue step by step:

Step 1: Ensure that your Windows OS is up to date. You can do this by typing "Check for updates" in the Windows Search bar and following the prompts to install any pending updates. Restart your computer after the updates are installed.

Step 2: Repair your Trados Studio and MultiTerm installations. You can do this from the Control Panel. If you're unsure how to do this, there are articles available that provide a step-by-step guide on how to repair your installation of Trados Studio and MultiTerm.

Step 3: Try changing the folder name or file path where the termbase is saved to something simple, without special characters. This could potentially resolve the issue of MultiTerm not being able to create the termbase due to an invalid file name.

Step 4: If the issue persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling Trados Studio and MultiTerm.

Step 5: If none of the above steps work, you may need to use Trados FreshStart to reset your Trados Studio settings to their default state.

Please note that it's important to back up your settings and files before using Trados FreshStart, as this tool will delete your personal settings and return Trados Studio to its original state.

I hope these steps help resolve your issue. If you continue to experience problems, please let me know and I'll do my best to assist you further.

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji
  • Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with MultiTerm. Let's try to resolve this issue step by step:

Step 1: Ensure that your Windows OS is up to date. You can do this by typing "Check for updates" in the Windows Search bar and following the prompts to install any pending updates. Restart your computer after the updates are installed.

Step 2: Repair your Trados Studio and MultiTerm installations. You can do this from the Control Panel. If you're unsure how to do this, there are articles available that provide a step-by-step guide on how to repair your installation of Trados Studio and MultiTerm.

Step 3: Try changing the folder name or file path where the termbase is saved to something simple, without special characters. This could potentially resolve the issue of MultiTerm not being able to create the termbase due to an invalid file name.

Step 4: If the issue persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling Trados Studio and MultiTerm.

Step 5: If none of the above steps work, you may need to use Trados FreshStart to reset your Trados Studio settings to their default state.

Please note that it's important to back up your settings and files before using Trados FreshStart, as this tool will delete your personal settings and return Trados Studio to its original state.

I hope these steps help resolve your issue. If you continue to experience problems, please let me know and I'll do my best to assist you further.

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji
Children
No Data