Trados 2017 My French to English termabase disappeared

Trados 2017 My French to English termabase disappeared; I 'm left with only MTF and MDF files.
Error: Cannot open termbase in Multiterm and Studio : "This termbase cannot be opened because it has been created with an unsupported version of Multiterm"
Both Trados and Multiterm are updated.
My MDF file is 1,097,73 Kb
How can I recover it?
Thank you,
Monica

emoji
Parents Reply
  •  

I think they could disappear for many reasons:

Did you store them in OneDrive or some other network folder?  It's possible it became cloud only and because it's huge MultiTerm can't see it anymore to use it.  Although if this is the case you'd at least see it under File -> Explorer even if it's only a footprint and not the actual file.

You may have accidentally deleted the files, or they could have been removed by someone else who uses your computer.  This can happen especially if the files were located in commonly accessed folders.

Malicious software can sometimes delete or hide files.  If your computer was infected by a virus or malware, it might have affected your files, particularly if they were large and noticeable targets.

Hard drives can develop bad sectors or other forms of corruption over time.  Large files, due to their size, are more likely to be affected by such errors, leading to their disappearance or inaccessibility.  If there are issues with the file system (like corruption in the Master File Table for NTFS drives), files might disappear.  Such problems can occur due to improper shutdowns, hardware failures, or software glitches.

Some system maintenance software or cleanup tools can mistakenly identify large files as unnecessary or temporary and delete them during clean-up processes.

Paul Filkin | RWS Group

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji
Children