How to select the language of the example field in Multiterm?

I have two languages (BG and EN-GB) and one descriptive field (Example). Is there a way to define the language of the descriptive field, so it can appear under the correct language?Trados Studio interface showing languages BG and EN-GB, with entry structure highlighting 'Example' under 'Index level'.Trados Studio glossary entry with 'EN-GB' selected, 'allocation' term added, and 'Example' in English incorrectly under 'BG' language field.As it is visible in the second screenshot, the example is in English but it appears in the Bulgarian field. Is it possible to define it, so it goes to the correct language automatically, instead of having to copy-paste it manually for all terms in the glossary?Trados Studio interface identical to first screenshot, showing languages BG and EN-GB, with entry structure highlighting 'Example' under 'Index level'.

Generated Image Alt-Text
[edited by: Trados AI at 2:24 PM (GMT 0) on 5 Mar 2024]
emoji
Parents
  • Dear Sotir:

All you have to do is create as many example fields as languages you manage, and tell the program which one goes under which language - at Term level, not Index level. 

So, I recomend you to use an excel to make an structure and then convert it with Multiterm convert. This way, while converting you can select those fields and dependencies.

In my example:

Screenshot showing Trados Studio term structure with Spanish and Catalan terms and their respective note fields labeled as note-ES and note-CA.

I have different descriptive fields (note-language) which I send under desired Term for every language. You will obtain and .xdt file - a definition file you can reuse for further updates.

Also, if you have this structure in you Multiterm, you can manually add examples by editing the entry and filling the correspondent field under the language term.

I hope I could help,

Almudena

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
  • Dear Sotir:

All you have to do is create as many example fields as languages you manage, and tell the program which one goes under which language - at Term level, not Index level. 

So, I recomend you to use an excel to make an structure and then convert it with Multiterm convert. This way, while converting you can select those fields and dependencies.

In my example:

Screenshot showing Trados Studio term structure with Spanish and Catalan terms and their respective note fields labeled as note-ES and note-CA.

I have different descriptive fields (note-language) which I send under desired Term for every language. You will obtain and .xdt file - a definition file you can reuse for further updates.

Also, if you have this structure in you Multiterm, you can manually add examples by editing the entry and filling the correspondent field under the language term.

I hope I could help,

Almudena

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
Children