Error when opening termbase in SDL MultiTerm 2017 or 2021: This termbase cannot be opened because it was created with an unsupported version of MultiTerm. The pc runs Windows 11, Pro. Please advise

hello. after a new installation of Mutliterm 2017 and 2021 i cannot open any of  termbases. the message i get is:

This termbase cannot be opened because it was created with an unsupported version of MultiTerm.

The pc runs Windows 11, Pro.  Please advise

thank you 

emoji
  • Hello,

I understand you're having trouble opening your termbase in MultiTerm 2017 and 2021 due to an unsupported version error. This issue can occur if the termbase was created with a version of MultiTerm that is not compatible with the one you're currently using.

Here's a step-by-step guide on how to fix this issue:

Step 1: Create a backup of the termbase file. This is to ensure you have a copy in case anything goes wrong.

Step 2: Rename the termbase .sdltb file by adding the extension .mdb. The file name should now look like this: termbasename.sdltb.mdb.

Step 3: Open the file in Microsoft Access 2003 or a later version.

Step 4: Allow Microsoft Access to automatically fix any issues existing in the file.

Step 5: Save and close Microsoft Access.

Step 6: Rename the file by removing the extension .mdb. The file name should now be back to its original format: termbasename.sdltb.

After following these steps, your termbase should be fixed and you should be able to open it in MultiTerm Desktop and attach it to a project in Trados Studio.

Please note that this process requires Microsoft Access. If you don't have it, you might need to install it or find a computer that has it installed.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji