MultiTerm Extract - Concordance Window not opening

I have recently started a glossary project for a client and everything seemed to be going fine until the program stopped opening the Concordance and Term Properties windows. The Term and Project windows work just fine. I have tried: restarting my computer, uninstalling and reinstalling MultiTerm Extract, creating the project a new, and deleting all the temp files for MultiTerm Extract.

I've tried opening Concordance by going to View>Concordance Window and also by right clicking on a highlighted term, but no luck.

Between the time it was working and the time it stopped working, I happened to have installed the latest version of Windows 10 (10.0.19045 on a Windows 10 Pro OS, and I also happened to update Java, though I don't see how that would be related.

Is there some setting I'm missing in order to display the Concordance window? Or am I totally screwed and need to revert to the older version of Windows somehow? There really is just no point in the whole thing without concordance, I might as well just work in Excel at that point.

emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

I understand your frustration with the Concordance Window not opening in MultiTerm Extract. Based on the context provided, it seems like the issue might be related to the Java version installed on your computer. Here's what you can do:

Step 1: Navigate to the folder C:\Program Data\Package Cache\SDL\Dependencies on your computer.

Step 2: Look for the file named 'jre-8u111-windows-i586.exe' and install it. This is a specific version of Java that works well with MultiTerm Extract.

Step 3: After installing the above Java version, go to your Control Panel and uninstall any other versions of Java that you might have installed.

Step 4: If the issue still persists, try reinstalling MultiTerm Extract.

Please note that these steps have been tested successfully on Windows 10 versions 1903 and 1904. If you're still experiencing issues after following these steps, it might be worth considering a rollback to a previous version of Windows 10, as some users have reported compatibility issues with the latest updates.

Remember, the Concordance Window is a crucial feature of MultiTerm Extract, and we want to ensure you can use it to its full potential. I hope these steps help you resolve the issue.

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji
  • Hello,

I understand your frustration with the Concordance Window not opening in MultiTerm Extract. Based on the context provided, it seems like the issue might be related to the Java version installed on your computer. Here's what you can do:

Step 1: Navigate to the folder C:\Program Data\Package Cache\SDL\Dependencies on your computer.

Step 2: Look for the file named 'jre-8u111-windows-i586.exe' and install it. This is a specific version of Java that works well with MultiTerm Extract.

Step 3: After installing the above Java version, go to your Control Panel and uninstall any other versions of Java that you might have installed.

Step 4: If the issue still persists, try reinstalling MultiTerm Extract.

Please note that these steps have been tested successfully on Windows 10 versions 1903 and 1904. If you're still experiencing issues after following these steps, it might be worth considering a rollback to a previous version of Windows 10, as some users have reported compatibility issues with the latest updates.

Remember, the Concordance Window is a crucial feature of MultiTerm Extract, and we want to ensure you can use it to its full potential. I hope these steps help you resolve the issue.

Best regards,

TradosAI

emoji
Children
No Data