Fuzzy search produces no results

Hi,

I recently installed the freelance version of Trados Studio 2022 and MultiTerm 2022 on my home computer. I have a MultiTerm database of some 14,000 terms that I had used at the office via a GroupShare server. It worked fine there. I set it up on my home office as a local termbase, using the same termbase definition. Everything works as expected with one major exception: fuzzy searches produce no results. This is true both in the MultiTerm environment and in the Term Recognition window in Studio.

I have reinstalled MultiTerm and reorganised the termbase, but no joy.

Any suggestions as to how to rectify this problem?

Thanks!

Jeffrey 

emoji
  • Hello Jeffrey,

Based on your description, it seems like you've already tried reinstalling MultiTerm and reorganising the termbase. However, there are a few more steps you can take to rectify this issue:

Step 1: Ensure that both Trados Studio and MultiTerm are up-to-date. You can check your installed versions on the Help tab, under "About Trados Studio/MultiTerm". If you don't have the latest updates, please install them.

Step 2: If Trados Studio was outdated, it may also be necessary to repair both the Trados Studio and MultiTerm installations for them to interact correctly.

Step 3: Add index files to the exception list of your security suite. Sometimes, security suites block actions on some of the necessary index files (*.mtf and *.mdf) for the termbase, preventing results from being shown. Close all RWS applications, open your security suite software, and add exceptions for the following file type extensions: *.sdltb, *.mdb, *.ldb, *.mtf, *.mdf. After you've added the file type extensions to your security suite, save the changes and restart your PC.

Step 4: After restarting, go to the location where you store your termbase and delete the files with the following extensions: *.mtf, *.mdf. When you open your termbase(s) again in MultiTerm or Trados Studio, the index and fuzzy match files with the extensions *.mtf and *.mdf will be recreated during the opening process.

I hope these steps help you resolve the issue. If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji