Add new term

I added a new project with different language pairs. When I add a new term, while translating, with the button from SDL Trados Studio "Add a new term" the terms of both languages are listed within one language field in Multiterm. Any help would be appreciated.

emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

It sounds like you're experiencing an issue where both source and target terms are being added to the same language field in MultiTerm when using the "Add a new term" feature in Trados Studio. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you resolve this:

Step 1: Open your project in Trados Studio.

Step 2: Navigate to the "Termbases" view.

Step 3: Select the termbase you're working with.

Step 4: Check the language direction settings. Make sure that the source and target languages are correctly set up.

Step 5: If the languages are not correctly set up, you can adjust them by clicking on the "Edit" button.

Step 6: Once you've made the necessary adjustments, try adding a new term again.

If the problem persists, it might be due to a configuration issue in MultiTerm. In this case, you should check the language settings in your MultiTerm termbase:

Step 1: Open MultiTerm.

Step 2: Select the termbase you're working with.

Step 3: Navigate to the "Termbase Management" view.

Step 4: Check the language settings for your termbase. Make sure that the source and target languages are correctly set up.

Step 5: If the languages are not correctly set up, you can adjust them by clicking on the "Edit" button.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Hello,

It sounds like you're experiencing an issue where both source and target terms are being added to the same language field in MultiTerm when using the "Add a new term" feature in Trados Studio. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you resolve this:

Step 1: Open your project in Trados Studio.

Step 2: Navigate to the "Termbases" view.

Step 3: Select the termbase you're working with.

Step 4: Check the language direction settings. Make sure that the source and target languages are correctly set up.

Step 6: Once you've made the necessary adjustments, try adding a new term again.

If the problem persists, it might be due to a configuration issue in MultiTerm. In this case, you should check the language settings in your MultiTerm termbase:

Step 1: Open MultiTerm.

Step 2: Select the termbase you're working with.

Step 3: Navigate to the "Termbase Management" view.

Step 4: Check the language settings for your termbase. Make sure that the source and target languages are correctly set up.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
Children
No Data