BT in several language pairs

Hi there

I was trying to find a solution to a use case I have

We have a project we handle for several pairs. I am the one responsible for ENFR and decide which terms have to be added to the BT

Once done, I want the ENAR team to add the same terms. Is there a way for this team to know which terms I want to have added without having to export my ENFR BT to an excel so that they can see which terms is defined?

KR

emoji
Parents
  •  

Your FR college will need MultiTerm.

See how I am in the process of creating a filter whereby I am stating if German Target Term is Missing....
    Screenshot of MultiTerm's Filter Wizard showing a list of term base fields with 'German' selected and a dropdown menu for condition options.

You may also note lots of other variables by which a filter can be created like Created by.
    At the back you will also see I have working Filter called "Target Missing" because once you have your filters created you can use them to help with ongoing maintenance

Screenshot of MultiTerm interface with 'Target Missing' and 'Hard Filter Mode' highlighted, indicating a filter is applied to show terms with missing German translations.
    See how I have selected my filter called "Target Missing" and I also have Hard Filter enabled.
    Result is 1 term entry is listed where I have a source term but no target term.

Ideally a process like this could be done after each project to ensure your AR language is developing at the same rate as your leading FR.

In addition there is this option within Studio whereby if you are both translating the same source file / content in parallel they would be warned if there was a source term (FR) without the AR equivalent
    Screenshot of a settings window in MultiTerm with 'Check for terms without the target term equivalent' option highlighted, indicating a feature to find untranslated terms.

I hope these 2 tips help

Lyds

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 3:06 PM (GMT 1) on 28 Aug 2024]
  •  

Your FR college will need MultiTerm.

See how I am in the process of creating a filter whereby I am stating if German Target Term is Missing....
    Screenshot of MultiTerm's Filter Wizard showing a list of term base fields with 'German' selected and a dropdown menu for condition options.

You may also note lots of other variables by which a filter can be created like Created by.
    At the back you will also see I have working Filter called "Target Missing" because once you have your filters created you can use them to help with ongoing maintenance

Screenshot of MultiTerm interface with 'Target Missing' and 'Hard Filter Mode' highlighted, indicating a filter is applied to show terms with missing German translations.
    See how I have selected my filter called "Target Missing" and I also have Hard Filter enabled.
    Result is 1 term entry is listed where I have a source term but no target term.

Ideally a process like this could be done after each project to ensure your AR language is developing at the same rate as your leading FR.

In addition there is this option within Studio whereby if you are both translating the same source file / content in parallel they would be warned if there was a source term (FR) without the AR equivalent
    Screenshot of a settings window in MultiTerm with 'Check for terms without the target term equivalent' option highlighted, indicating a feature to find untranslated terms.

I hope these 2 tips help

Lyds

Lydia Simplicio | RWS Group

_______
    Design your own training!

You've done the courses and still need to go a little further, or still not clear? 
    Tell us what you need in our Community Solutions Hub

emoji

Generated Image Alt-Text
    [edited by: RWS Community AI at 3:06 PM (GMT 1) on 28 Aug 2024]
Children
No Data