Issue with importing additional languages into Multiterm Termbase

I'm currently building a multilingual glossary in MultiTerm, with terms in six different languages. I've successfully imported terms in English, Spanish, and Arabic. However, when I try to import additional languages, the entries seem to process correctly, but they don't appear under my terms in the termbase. How can I resolve this issue and ensure that all languages are properly imported and displayed?

emoji
Parents
  • Hello,

I understand you're having trouble importing additional languages into your MultiTerm Termbase. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you resolve this issue:

Step 1: Ensure that the languages you're trying to import are supported by MultiTerm. You can check this in the software's documentation or in the language settings.

Step 2: Check the format of your import file. Make sure it's compatible with MultiTerm and that the language codes are correctly formatted.

Step 3: When importing, ensure that you're mapping the languages correctly. Each language should be mapped to its corresponding field in the termbase.

Step 4: After importing, refresh your termbase view. Sometimes, the new entries might not appear immediately and refreshing the view can help.

Step 5: If the issue persists, you might need to recreate your termbase. This involves exporting your current entries, creating a new termbase, and importing the entries again. Please follow the instructions provided in the link you've mentioned to do this.

Remember, it's always a good idea to back up your termbase before making any major changes. This way, you can always revert to the previous version if something goes wrong.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
  • Hello,

I understand you're having trouble importing additional languages into your MultiTerm Termbase. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you resolve this issue:

Step 1: Ensure that the languages you're trying to import are supported by MultiTerm. You can check this in the software's documentation or in the language settings.

Step 2: Check the format of your import file. Make sure it's compatible with MultiTerm and that the language codes are correctly formatted.

Step 3: When importing, ensure that you're mapping the languages correctly. Each language should be mapped to its corresponding field in the termbase.

Step 4: After importing, refresh your termbase view. Sometimes, the new entries might not appear immediately and refreshing the view can help.

Step 5: If the issue persists, you might need to recreate your termbase. This involves exporting your current entries, creating a new termbase, and importing the entries again. Please follow the instructions provided in the link you've mentioned to do this.

Remember, it's always a good idea to back up your termbase before making any major changes. This way, you can always revert to the previous version if something goes wrong.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Best regards,

RWS Community AI

emoji
Children
No Data